Chapter 42

(Nattlies pov)

I took a deep breath in then out. If I don't think too much about it then it might be easier... but there is no easy when it comes to the past.

"My stepdad killed my father." I confess.

Leon gave a sigh, and he leaned back, trying to process what I just said.

"I did see my real dad after the divorce... He did do sexual stuff to me as a child but it never got to rape. A few days after the divorce he came to the house. I saw watching TV when he stormed in. He wanted to get back at me and mom one last time and the only way, in his mind, to do that was to rape me. He pulled my pajamas down and started undoing his pants. I was really blessed you know. My parents were home that night... it was before they started working away from home both at the same time."

I could feel the anger radiating from Leon's body.

"They heard my screaming... my stepdad pulled him off me just as he was about to penetrate. I would have been a victim of rape that night if it wasn't for my stepdad... when my mom reached the living room she just grabbed me and got me out of there. I was in so much shock but I could hear how my stepdad was beating my dad to a pulp. By the time my mom got me to my room I couldn't hear a thing. My mom then after ran down and started screaming. I could hear my dad yelling back at her. I walked back down and I listened around the corner."

Leon just sat there looking in the distance but when I stopped talking he looked at me to indicate he is listening.

"He tired to go for my mom again but thanks to my stepdad my dad didn't get close. My dad told them I was his property and that he will do what he wants... he said he wouldn't stop till he got what his is looking for. That statement made my stepdad lose it. He pushed my dad down and started strangling him. My dad struggled to get out under him. My stepdad screamed at him the whole time. Telling him if he wasn't gonna leave me alone death was the only way to save me. And that's what he did. My stepdad killed a person who is meant to love and care for me. My stepdad to protect me."

I burst in tears again. Leon pulled me into a hug.

"It wasn't even an accident he knew what he was doing. He did it to help. He cant go to jail for that. You wont tell anyone right?! Promise me Bash promise me!" I raise my voice.

"I promise. Nattlie I'm sorry you had to go through that and to be honest I'm not happy he was killed but I am so grateful for what your stepdad did. If your dad was still after you today I would do something as well."

I hug Leon tighter.

"I love you Nattlie, forever and always and I'm not going anywhere."

My heart became lighter. I feared that he would leave me or tell someone.

"Forever and always"

Leon pulled away and held my face in his hands to look me in the eye when he said his next words.

"Nattlie you have changed everything, you turned my whole world upside down and made it a better place, a brighter place and I thank you for it. Since the day I met you, you have given me a reason to smile... something no one else could do." said Leon with his love pouring through his words.

"Now you know why I don t wanna go too far." I say feeling guilty.

"Nattlie I'm not with you for sex. To be honest I do wanna make love to you but not yet. I would wanna be married first."

I looked up at him and thats when I knew he is my 'forever and always' .

After all the crying I became very tired and started falling asleep. I placed a loving kiss on his cheek which accidentally followed by a yawn. Leon stood up and picked me up bridal style. I was a little too tired to protest and just laid in his arms as he walked up to my room.

He placed me on my bed and got onto the bed next to me. I turned to face him and he placed his left hand on my hip and pulled me closer. I took his cheek and gave him a peck before I fell asleep in his arms.

The Date didn't really go as planned and it wasn't all sunshine and roses but waking up next Leon after sleeping for a few hours really made it my day. I was up before he was and just laying here watching him sleep so peacefully makes me think that I am actually the luckily one to have him in my life and not the other way around. Not only is he the most amazing boyfriend a girl can ask for but he doesn't snore as well. Haha I'm joking I would still love him if he snored but no snoring is first choice.

"I can feel you staring at me" mumbles a half asleep Leon.

I lean closer to kiss him and as our lips touch he starts to tickle me a little. I burst with laughter and wriggle around. He suddenly opens his eyes and gets a naughty look on his face. That was the quickest I jumped out of bed. He gave a little evil laugh and started moving towards me.

(Leons pov)

I finally know the real Nattlie. I finally know she is serious about me. Her telling me a secret that her mom, stepdad and most probably Anna-beth know is a big deal and a big step. I know it was hard for her and I do feel for her.

"What's wrong?" she asks with a little laugh, stepping closer to the bed.

"Did you tell Isabella the whole story?" I ask.

She sat down. "No... My mom and step dad know about the murder. My mom doesn't know I know though... and I haven't told Beth the murder part but she knows the rest." she says seriously.

"Wait you haven't told Beth?" I asked surprised.

"Yes well it isn't something I like to share with people. Me not telling her isn't to hurt her its just something I don't wanna share with people."

"Explain how your mom doesn't know." I say, finding it a little odd that her stepdad knows she knows he murdered her father but her own mother doesn't.

"My mom had her back to me when he was killed. I watched how my stepdad squeezed his neck till there was no more life. While my stepdad stood up from what he did he looked at the living room doorway and saw my head looking from around the corner. He didn't say anything but a few days later when my mom went away on business we spoke about it." she said simple.

"And?" I asked.

"Well he explained that mom asked for me not to find out as she's scared I would hate her for allowing my dad to be murdered. She wouldn't want that burden on the shoulders of her twelve year old daughter. So less stress for her if I don't know." finished Nattlie.

"Yes I see what you saying... Did you seriously keep this from everyone since you were twelve?" I asked a little shocked. It would explain a lot. What child watches their father getting killed without speaking to a soul about it. It effects a person and she was only a kid.

"Yeah. My stepdad thought its best if we never spoke about it again... in case mom walked in and like I said Beth doesn't know."

"And you fine with telling me?" I asked feeling honored that she shared this with me.

"People usually give someone else their virginity as an act of true love and showing their seriousness of the relationship... like we discussed we not gonna do that for a while so to me... telling you the whole truth is the next best thing I got. So me telling you this, to me, is like giving you my whole being."

"Thank you" I say moving closer to kiss her.

"Wait..."she said pulling away. Ugh I hate it when she does this. In the middle of a kiss when I'm craving her lips then she decides to pull away. It kills me.