Gifts

House woke up before Tara and prepared their breakfast before feeding her hamster. The thing was hard, cold, and probably dead.

" Shit." House muttered and poked the tiny animal "Yep. It's dead."

He was afraid of her reaction towards the death of an almost beloved pet, even though he couldn't grasp the concept of being attached to a rat. She would probably be nonchalant and spent the day in an impossible to control rage, poor interns wouldn't know what hit them today.

" Morning," Tara said from their room's doorway. She was wearing one of House's band shirts, he was so tall that it looked like a dress on her, this made him grin but he dropped the grin when he remembered about having to drop the bomb about her dead hamster.

" What's wrong ?"

" I think your hamster just died." House passed her the dead rodent.

" You called him a hamster, not a rat "

" That's the first thing on your mind when you learn that your pet died ?"

" Oh, that's quite saddening but he was almost 5 years old, he wasn't supposed to get past 3 years old. He was getting skinnier day by day."

" Good to know that when I die from old age you will react like this."

" As if I wouldn't leave you for someone younger before your death," Tara said playfully before grabbing a container from the kitchen to put her hamster inside.

" Are you burying him?" House asked her.

" Of course not, I'm going to autopsy him, duh."

" Of course, who wouldn't open up dead rats to sneak a peak. It's like me opening up your bras to sneak a peek at heaven."

" It sucks though, the rat has 3 more pairs of boobs for you to stare at I'd let you keep it as a souvenir but my 'beloved' interns will enjoy finally opening something up."

"And I'm the psyco one."

_______________

The surgery interns from PPTH hated Tara Hamilton, she was flawless at everything and at least half of them had a crush on her, but she was completely evil and controlling when it came to the OR. Two interns, whose names are completely unnecessary to the narrative and to Tara, who usually made any random creative nicknames.

" I have never hated anyone who looked like that." Peter Johnson said when they saw the beautiful surgeon entering the hospital. His name will be as easy to forget ad his common and boring face.

" Yesterday I spent the entire day doing rectal exams because I asked when we would finally perform any surgery." Malibu - who was a blonde young man who was supposed to be tanning at the beach instead of inside a hospital- said " I hate her, but man, look at that body, that simply can't be natural."

" I would be a bitch if I looked like that and was head of surgery." Peter agreed " At least she is kind-er to the residents. They like her but she scares them."

" The attendings hate her." Malibu said.

" She is younger, prettier, and came out of nowhere to get the job they always dreamed of, anyone would hate that."

" She likes destroying dreams."

They didn't look behind them and the doctor who was the topic of their conversation was unseen by the pair. She was behind them listening to everything with crossed arms and a smirk, other surgery interns passed by and laughed at the situation their colleagues were in.

" Hey, The Crapenters. I have a job for you, although I believe you are quite busy with my unauthorized biography." Tara called their attention.

" Dr. Hamilton, good morning." Malibu and Peter something said at the same time.