Moving again

Tara had 2 hours until her appointment and figured that a quick appendectomy to pass time never killed anybody. She had just scrubbed out of said surgery and back into her usual clothes and lab coat attire at the time she was supposed to meet House, all the elevators were packed and she was running late, having to go by the stairs and reaching the waiting almost passing out of tiredness. Her skin was clammy and cold from the overexertion.

" Tara, you are going to get yourself and my son killed." House said as he helped her to sit back down as a wave of dizziness hit her.

" I'm fine. Everything became black for some milliseconds but that's it." Tara said, trying to get up but being held back by her husband.

" A little bird told me that you haven't cut your hours yet." House accused and at least this time Tara looked guilty, "I know you are the most energetic person that ever existed and that you love your job, but pregnancy isn't something to play with, you are growing even more tired than usual and this is stressing you a lot."

" I'll think about it." Tara shot back with a frown, this was her customary answer whenever he brought it up.

" Mrs. House." The receptionist said and House helped Tara up so that they could proceed with the consultation.

" Chief, you look like you're about to pass out." Hughes joked when Tara sat down in front of her.

" Lovely sight." House muttered sarcastically and Tara rolled her eyes.

" I'm famished, the damn gestational diabetes exam is going to kill me before any possible diabetes does. Who the hell makes a pregnant woman go fasting?" Tara shot back and Hughes poked her finger with a lancet to test her glucose.

" 72 mg/dl. That's great." Hughes said before she took a sample of Tara's blood to send to the lab, " The real answer will always be whatever the lab tells us, I like doing this one to know what to expect."

" High chance of not having anything." House commented and Hughes nodded as she gave Tara the glucose syrup the surgeon had to drink before she had her blood drawn again.

" Let's move forward with the 3D ultrasound." Hughes said and Tara went to the exam table, " Hamilton, how the hell do you manage walking around in 6 inches heels at 33 weeks pregnant?"

" She doesn't." House muttered under his breath and Tara shot him a look.

" I don't use it all day, I wear Crocs when I scrub or when I'm using my scrubs to work instead of casual wear." Tara explained.

" Lay off the heels, chief, you are more than 30 weeks pregnant and the risk of falling plus the extreme discomfort caused by the swelling isn't good for your comfort." Hughes said and House shot a victory grin to his wife, who responded with a death stare towards him, " And it's time to cut your hours."

" No." Tara said in horror.

" Yep. The surgeons talk, and they talked about the 18 surgeries you performed last week. It's time to slow down and rest. Get prepared for birth, because it'll be here sooner than later." Huges said as she put some paper towels close to Tara's clothes so that the ultrasound gel wouldn't stain them.

" Fine." Tara mumbled and didn't even look at House, knowing that he'd have an annoying victory look on his features as he sat at the stool by her side.

Hughes and the couple made small talk as the OB/GYN prepared the scan and lifted Tara's shirt to expose her big bump and cover it up with gel.

" The 3D screening is very efficient, they show the baby's facial features perfectly and we can analyze his development closely." Hughes said as she moved the probe around Tara's abdomen, searching for the baby.