Back to the game

James Wilson was behaving like an insane person, he didn't realize that everyone could easily see that he was feeling some kind of an emotional rollercoaster. The fact that his closest friend took a leave to recover after getting shot at work had little to do with it, the fact that his marriage was in shambles also had almost zero to no influence on his mood at the moment.

At the moment, Wilson had just stormed into House's office, looking confused and saying louder than necessary, almost yelling: "Anyone heard anything about House or Tara?". House's entire team was present, but all of the doctors remained quiet, just shaking their heads negatively and silently judging Wilson's behavior.

The oncologist strode away quickly after this and the team just stared at each other.

" What's wrong with him?" Cameron asked Chase after the oncologist left.

" I have no idea." The Australian doctor replied and turned to Foreman, shooting him a look that meant that they wanted to know his opinion about the matter.

" Something is definitely going on. We don't get daily updates on House to the point of going crazy after a day with no communication." Foreman commented with raised eyebrows.

" Do you think House died?" Cameron wondered.

" You saw him leave the hospital, he was fine and out of the woods." Foreman turned down this suggestion.

" He might have quit and now we are useless." Chase suggested.

" That's another possibility. I've heard Mount Sinai was offering Tara a six-figure salary." Foreman wondered " He is unbearable, but as famous as they both are. Throw him in the mix, you have every hospital's dream combo: House's brain and Hamilton's hands. Plus, Hamilton influences him to behave almost like a sociable human being, almost tolerable to work with."

" She already has a six-figure salary. The surgeons always talk about it, she is the best-paid doctor." Chase commented " Mount Sinai wanted her before and Cuddy raised her offer. They could increase the offer, but she's got House to make her stay here..."

" We could just ask Wilson what's wrong." Cameron suggested and both Chase and Foreman laughed at the suggestion but she got up from her seat with a resolute look on her face "Doesn't matter what you think, I will be the only mature person here and be direct about things."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Wilson had just entered Cuddy's office and sat down by her desk with a dazzled look on her face. She looked like she had just seen a ghost and was too stupefied to move or react.

" Do you think they are telling us the truth?" Cuddy asked Wilson after a few moments of the silence that only people contemplating the craziest scenarios could ever muster.

" It's House, he likes messing with people." Wilson tried to calm them both down with this suggestion " You are closer to Tara, would she?"

" She would define mess with us in some twisted way too. Not like House, who has no limits, but she likes teasing and mocking people a lot." Cuddy said, getting up and walking around her office.

" They wouldn't do it, I mean, he just got out of daily physical therapy, can't skip too many sessions."

" They ran all the way to my place last week as if his leg never limped before after I texted Tara saying that I didn't believe that his leg was as good as new. Just to prove a point. They would, they like proving points." Cuddy stated " You should've seen their sweaty mess state, they looked about to die but ready to prove me wrong and mess with me."