Stealing

Tara, being a renowned cardiothoracic surgeon, was the one appointed to take care of a Death Row patient whose heart was beating so fast that it was pumping air instead of blood. Cuddy called her early in the morning for a meeting and she was trying to wake House up before leaving for work just to make sure that he wouldn't be too late for work.

" Greg, come on." Tara called him, she was getting out of her shower and he was still asleep. She went back to their room to yell until he had no choice other than just to wake up.

" No." He mumbled between the pillows, making his hair messier than usual. The commotion made Steve McQueen, their infamous cat, jump on the bed and rubbed its head on his chin "Get off, Steve."

The cat started to purr and House couldn't help but rub his head a little, he was lost in thought for a while but got back to reality when he heard a camera clicking.

" What? Tara!" House complained " With a cat? C'mon, I have a reputation to upkeep."

" I have no pictures of you and my aunt finally managed to send my camera back to me." Tara said, " I love photos."

" I can let you have this picture if you let me sleep. "

" Love, you have no other option other than letting me have this picture and I have a job to do. You know, good doctors usually work in crazy hours, unlike you." Tara pointed out and House.

" What job?"

" I'd have to lie to you since you'd go insane for this case and steal it from me." Tara said with a smile.

" No sex for a week." House tried to negotiate.

" I have a dildo." Tara shot back " And I have the option of running to the hospital before you get there."

" But I have a bum leg." House said with a mocking child-like tone " I'd get there before you anyways."

" I'm already dressed, you barely woke up." Tara mentioned her skin-tight dress and waited for his comeback, but it never came, she noticed that he was staring at her body " No, sex won't distract me. Gotta run."

She really ran away with the case.

" Shit." House muttered and limped towards the bathroom to at least brush his teeth before running after her. He dressed in whatever clothes he found, at least this wasn't very different from what he used to do.

Much to his luck, he found Tara looking for her car keys. He grabbed his keys from the counter, swallowed a Vicodin, and limped to his car. He was about to start his car when he saw her running towards her black car. They were practically racing when a police officer stopped them and told them to leave their cars, they were next to each other and House grinned at Tara, who mouthed 'watch this' to her boyfriend and pulled down her dress to show more cleavage. House was open-mouthed when the officer fell into her story and let her go before he did.

Tara arrived at the hospital and went straight to Cuddy's office. She was going in but was stopped by her secretary.

" You can't go in there." The pretty secretary boy said.

" I was called here, love." Tara said impatiently.

" You are a doctor ?" The secretary asked in disbelief.

" No, I'm a hooker, the Dean of medicine and the lawyer are over there so we can have a threesome. " Tara replied and opened the door " Are doctors here getting secretaries? I want one, I am tired of using interns to do my dirty work."

" I'm not a secretary, I'm Dr. Cuddy's assistant."

" Your desk is outside her office, you answer her calls, and you control who enters the office. That's the definition of secretary." Tara entered the office without another word.