Chapter 25 - Party Trick

The little girl led Glynne to a bench under a single cherry blossom tree. The place was a little further away from the village so it is a bit quiet. A gentle breeze passes through as it gives of a calming feeling. Glynne smiled, just like the girl said, this is a good place to rest.

"Here, Onii-san! Oka-san said that you need to drink lots of water if you are sick." the little girl said as she handed Glynne a cup of water.

He gave his thanks for the consideration and drink it in one go. The cold water passes through his throat as he felt refreshed. In actuality, he a bit thirsty since he has been fighting for quite some time.

Glynne returned the cup as the little girl put it to the side. She then also sat on the bench while staring at him.

"By the way Onii-san, are you a ninja?" the little girl asked with her eyes sparkling.

Glynne smiled bitterly. He guessed the reason why she asked that is because of his battle suit. In reality, he was not a ninja or even qualified to even be called as one. As far as he was concerned, he is more or less a scout.

Actually, his battle suit design was centered to the purposed of scouting. It has a light armor and superior honkai energy support to aid with overall movements. But in exchange, it lack support skills to help in battle.

Now that he think about it, almost battle suits for males are designed for support purposes. Well he is an irregularity after all so he can't help it. Most males, who has honkai resistance, tend to be weaker than their female counterpart. Because of this, they are usually given the support role. The battle suits reflect this reality.

Anyways, if he use the references on the book that he read about ninjas, he is definitely not one. Even so, he can't just destroy a kid's dream. Glynne put a finger over his mouth as he let out a shushing sound, "Shhh.., you shouldn't tell anyone about this, okay?"

"Ah...Shhh," The little girl cutely copied his gesture while also shushing.

"It's our secret, okay?" Glynne said as the little girl strongly nodded. He is smiling wryly inside as he can't help but think his actions are somewhat suspicious.

"Then Onii-san, you could do it right? Breathe fire or create copies of yourself or summoning a frog?" The little girl asked as her eyes are brimming with expectations.

Obviously, he can't do it. No matter how much he trained, he do not think it would be possible for him. Those techniques are already in the realm of fiction after all.

That said, he would not be surprised if someone crazy enough to train hard to be able to replicate it. The world is quite vast so there is still that possibility.

However, he can't say no the little girl. "... well, those are secret techniques so I can't show them." Glynne said, which is totally a lie. He is already lying after all so adding more would not change much.

"Eh, no fair..." the little girl sulked. "Please, please, pretty please, I want to see it. I want to see. I swear I won't tell this to anyone!"

Glynne was bothered by the constant begging. If he really could do it, he might have already done it. Unfortunately, he cannot. "...No, sorry. Our secret technique is not for show."

At Glynne's stern words, the girl look down dejected. A pang of guilt pierce through his heart. As he was about to comfort her, a sudden idea pop up into his head.

"But well, I could show you something else." Glynne said as the little girl look up to him with sparkling eyes. "It isn't that great as the secret techniques though. Are you okay with that?"