Chapter 27 - Longing

"Where am I..?" Kiana muttered as she looks around. The place covered in a blanket of white snow and yet, she doesn't feel cold for some reason.

"Is anyone there?!" she shouted as her voice echoes to the woods. She waited for a while for a reply but all she could hear was a eerie whistling sound of the wind passing through the branches.

Kiana is getting anxious. Slowly, she took a step forward as she walk deeper into the woods.

She had travelled quite a distance now, or so does she thought. In truth, she has no way of knowing as the scenery never changes no matter how much she walks.

She look up, this place seems like it was never-ending. When the thought of giving up surfaced through her mind, she spotted a figure of a man from the distance.

Her eyes widen as her legs moves on their own, running towards the man as fast as she could. As she got closer and closer, the man turned around and started walk away.

"W-wait!" Kiana shouted desperately. "Wait! Don't leave! Papa!"

However, despite her pleads, the figure of Siegfried does not stop. Tears begin to form on her eyes as she stretch out her hands in order to reach him. However, she tripped herself on a tree root as she stumbled to the ground.

"I-I beg you... Please, don't leave." Kiana cried but as soon as she look forward, the figure was nowhere to be seen.

She immediately stood up, running towards where she last saw her father's back. She run and run as her repeated calls reverberated all over the woods.

It was soon after that she has finally grew tired. The cold that she didn't feel earlier, now begun to crept to her skin. She collapsed to her knees as tears continue to run down from her ears.

"Papa... " she called for her father one last time in a weakened voice. She had already lost all hope.

"Kiana?" she heard a sudden voice as she look up to see a boy with a black hair. His green eyes are staring at her worry.

"Are you alright?" he asked as he stretch out his hand.

"Glynne..." Kiana muttered his name as she felt happiness welling inside of her. Her trembling hand slowly moves up as she stretched it out to grab the boy's hand.

However, her hand phases through.

"Glynne?" She called out once again in a confused voice. She look at him as she notice his body begun to thin out.

"No... No, don't leave!" she shouted but Glynne continued to slowly vanish. With one final attempt, she reached out her hand to his fading figure...

@@@@@@@@@@

"Glynne!" Kiana woke up as she was drenched in sweat. She was breathing heavily as he noticed her right hand is stretch towards the ceiling.

"I-it was a dream..." she muttered in realization as she let her arm down to cover her eyes. She took a while to calm down her breathing. "Glynne, you idiot..."

It's been two days since Glynne mysteriously disappeared. It may seem like a short amount of time but it brought upsetting memories for Kiana.

"Where did you go..?" She was afraid. She does not want to repeat what happened to her father who suddenly disappeared and never came back.

She tilted her head and saw that the skies are still dark. She moved her gaze towards the alarm clock besides her bed as she noticed that it was still about 5 o'clock.

It was still early, but thinking about her dream, she won't be sleeping anytime soon. As she decides to get up, she heard a knock on the door.

"Kiana, are you alright?" It was Mei worried voice. "I heard you shouting a while ago."