Chapter 37 - The Nun and The Shrine Maiden 2

"Good morning, Glynne." Upon waking up, the first thing that meet his eyes was Theresa smiling face.

"Mornin' Theresa" Glynne smiled and return her greeting. He slowly got up as he massage the back of his neck. He then look around the place, noticing multiple corpse of honkai beast littered around. "What happened while I was asleep?"

"This is a honkai infested place, you know." Theresa reminded the young man.

"Ah, right.., sorry" Glynne apologizes as he seems to have bothered Theresa once again.

"Seriously, you should pay attention more to your surroundings." Theresa complained as she then stood up and patted the dirt off her skirt. "Now then, let's pick up where we left off earlier."

Glynne had a bitter smile as he remembered that he was still in the middle of being scolded. He raises his hand, catching the attention of Theresa. "Uhm, before we restart, I want to say something first."

"Oh, trying to make some excuses huh." Theresa crossed her arms as her face seems to find it amusing. "Well then, I'll give you one chance. Depending on how good it is, I'll might decrease your punishment."

Glynne scratched his head. It took him quite a while until he opened his mouth, but once he told Theresa about what he and Fenrir talked about, the look her face turned serious.

"Glynne, just to make sure but... This isn't an excuse, right?" Theresa questioned as Glynne nods without any hesitation. She can't help but massaged her forehead as this is quite a big information to take in. "Say, where did you get this from?"

"Fenrir" Glynne answered immediately.

"Fenrir? Fenrir, as in your stigmata?" Theresa asked as Glynne nodded. She furrowed her eyebrows, a stigmata gaining sentience is something that is unheard off. Even if she would dig into the Schicksal's archives, she is sure there isn't any case similar to this one. It was pretty hard for her to believe it, but she had no other choice but to trust in Glynne at the moment. "Then, what should we do now? Especially now that the Herrscher has sets its sights on you. Obviously, we should leave this place as soon as possible. But how?"

"I honestly don't have any clue." Glynne replied. He's been racking his brain for quite a bit now, he still drawing a blank.

"How about Fenrir?" Theresa asked.

"None either." Glynne replied while shrugging his shoulders.

The two turned silent as they both try to think of anything. But they quickly realized that no matter how much time they will take thinking about it would only be a naught. There is simply too few of materials they need to work around with.

As the two of them reached this conclusion, they heard the rustling of the bushes near them. Both of them quickly point their weapons at it but they were surprised when what came out is not what they are expecting.

A little girl with a pink hair and cyan eyes.

"Hey Glynne, isn't she..." Theresa was about to ask a question when she the little girl immediately run off.

"Hey, wait!" Glynne shouted. He hastily reach for Theresa and lift her to his arm.

"W-wait, what are you doing?!" Theresa was taken back by the sudden bridal carry.

"No time to explain, we need to quickly chase after her!" Glynne explained, prompting Theresa to grab to his neck as the young man run after the little girl.

That girl may be their only lead. Last time Glynne met her, she told him about the peculiarity of the forest outside of the forest. He has a hunch that she might have the information they need to get out of this place.