Chapter 6 - Twins

Glynne didn't know what to feel at the sudden reunion. However, that wasn't the problem for now as he decided to first relocate into somewhere with less people. Just like Bronya, the twins are someone who knew of his past, if possible he don't what other people to know it.

"Raz, are you angry?" Rozaliya was a bit teary eyed while being apologetic with her slipup. She stared at the boy who is leaning on the wall while massaging his temple.

"No, it's nothing like that." Glynne said to reassure the pink haired girl. He look up and face the two. "It's just that I didn't expect to meet you here...No wait, did Cocolia perhaps send you here?"

"No," Liliya shakes her head at his question. "Matushka only informed us about your location. It is our idea to reunite with you."

Glynne raised an eyebrow. However, he just let out a sigh as it seems like the girl is telling the truth. That said, he still can't rule out the possibility that this is a part of Cocolia's plan. He may have left her wing but he don't know if that's ever going to stop her.

"Is that so..., but aren't you two forbidden to get near me?" the boy asked in concern. He sight shifted to their head, to be precise, to the honkai parts that is attached to their body.

Implanting honkai parts on a person is not as simple as human transplantation. Not only does it has the normal implications, such as the host body rejecting the new transplanted parts, there is also a high chance of getting corrupted due to the concentrated amount of honkai energy from the honkai parts. It is said that the rate of survival is near to none.

With such odds stack upon them, it was a miracle that both of the twins was able to survive the process. This all became possible due to Glynne's powers. Whenever the honkai energy within them show signs of rampaging, the boy would use his abilities to absorb it and avoid the two from getting corrupted.

Day by day, he spent his time with them until their condition become stable enough. However, when that time comes, they were forbidden to see each other. Glynne was only present to absorb the excess energy, but since he can't control his power at that time, the risk of him destabilizing them due him absorbing too much is high. He might not be able to remember much when he was in the lab, but the memory of the twins was something that was engraved in his brain. For the first time in his life that he felt like he got younger siblings.

Rozaliya and Liliya noticed the melancholic look on the boy's face. They look at each other and nod at the same time.

"...W-wait!" Glynne was surprised when the twins suddenly grab both of his hands. He tried to shake them off but the girls are holding on it with an iron grip. His face turned pale in horror when he noticed the two directing his hands to their head. He closed his eyes as he felt his hands touching their horns... however, no matter how much time has pass, nothing happened.

"When we got separated, we trained and trained so hard that we would be strong enough to resist your ability." Rozaliya said in a confident tone, but it seems like that was not the case as the boy could feel her hands trembling.

"Day by day, we hope that one day we would be able to hold each other just like when you are trying to save us..." Liliya followed and look at him with and with teary eyes. "When Matushka mention you got weaker, we thought that this is finally our chance."

'I got weaker, huh...' Glynne thought and close his eyes. He guess that's probably the truth as compared to before, he could control his abilities without any harm. But now, he need to hold back so it wouldn't get out of hand and corrupt him.

"Sorry," the two was confused when Glynne suddenly apologizes. He gently stroke their head as they slowly let go of his hands. The twins did their best to meet him again and yet he got afraid that he might accidentally absorb them. He crouched down and hold them in a tight embrace. "I'm sorry, I should have also done something to meet you two sooner."