Chapter 15 - Firework Festival

"So, its full moon tonight..." Glynne muttered as he stared at the waters being illuminated by the moonlight. A soft chilly breeze passed through him rustling his loose fitting dark grey yukata. Today is long awaited Firework festival, and as he expected Principal Theresa wanted everyone to join. Well it isn't like there's someone who disagrees with the idea.

However, the only thing that he dislikes is that he was forced to dress into a traditional Japanese clothing. Even if it was a summer, night still feels chilly. The only saving grace is that he is wearing some comfortable shirt and shorts underneath.

"Sorry for the wait!" Glynne was interrupted on his thoughts when he heard Kiana. Glancing over the entrance, the girls one by one came out from the dorm. Each of them wore different colored yukata.

For Kiana, it was light blue turning a bit white on the edges. The colors matching her hair and eyes.

Mei was dark purple, giving of some sort of a dignified feels to it.

Bronya was wearing a yellow yukata, probably because it is the color of her favorite character. Even in her blue sash has some Homu silhouette designed on it.

As for Fu Hua, her yukata is dark blue in color. The choice kinda reminded Glynne of her battlesuit.

White with black color mixed in was the choice that Himeko picked. It might just be him, but the boy didn't know that one could still look risqué wearing a yukata until now.

And lastly, it was Principal Theresa who wore a light pink yukata... No, Glynne squinted his eyes as he can't believe what he is seeing right now. Unlike the others, he could feel some honkai energy flowing on its garments.

"Principal, isn't that a battlesuit?" he inquired causing the small woman to flinch.

"Wait Theresa, you bought another one again?!" being a staff of St. Freya academy, Himeko was quite aware in some of her superior's habit. "You know that the budget allocated to battlesuit are for students only."

"But it's so cute!" Theresa exclaimed causing the red haired woman to put a palm over her forehead. "Also it isn't like I bought it using the school's budget. I also have my own share you know."

"How much?" Himeko asked while crossing her arms.

"About ten percent" Theresa replied quickly seemingly proud about it.

Himeko let a huge sigh, as much as she wanted to reprimand her superior, she held back for now to not spoil the mood. Glancing to her side, she noticed the girls crowding near the boy. 'Oh my, quite popular aren't you, Glynne?' she thought.

"Glynne, Glynne, what do you think?" Kiana run to him and quickly pestered the boy. She did a little twirl in order to let him see the outfit in all angles. She then held his hands as her eyes sparkles.

"Y-yeah, it looks lovely on you." Glynne praised, though a bit taken back at the enthusiasm.

"Hehe, is that so," Kiana replied sheepishly but she seems to be quite happy to hear his words as wide smile was plastered on her face.

As the white haired girl was entering her own world, Glynne felt someone tugging his clothes. He looked down to see Bronya looking at him with upturned eyes. "How about Bronya?"

"Of course, you look very cute on that." Glynne said while giving the little girl a head pat. A small smile formed on her lips as she was also happy about the compliment.

Burrowing the words of his mentor, "You gotta always compliment a girl", Glynne moves his sights on the other two individuals, being Mei and Fu Hua. Unlike the former, the latter were a bit reserved especially when they are in the presence of others. As they seems to be reluctant on starting a conversation, the boy quickly tries to find words to give to them.