Chapter 11 - Books

Glynne's swimming lessons are important as it is one of the required basic survival skills of a soldier. However, Theresa advises the boy to take his time to learn. They are still on a summer vacation after all, it would be a waste if he spent it all trying to learn how to swim. As Himeko previously said, you gotta enjoy summer and create wonderful memories.

That said, it isn't like it's hard for him to learn as he already made a lot of progress in the past few days. Glynne still heed the principal's advice. The reason being that he didn't want to trouble the girls. As such, today is his rest day.

"Hmm, am I too early?" Glynne asked himself as he scratched the back of his head. He decided to open his phone to check the message that was sent to him this morning.

[Meet me in Downtown at 10. I'll be waiting besides the dog statue.]

He quickly glanced at the time to notice that it was still 9:15 am. He can't help but let a huge sigh as he sat down at the nearby bench.

It was a surprise to him when Fu Hua suddenly sent him a message to meet her. Glynne don't exactly know why but he got nervous and was quick to change as soon as he got it.

As you can see he messed up, however he thought that this might be a good thing. He recalled Siegfried saying something like the man should always be early at the meeting place when a woman asked him to meet her.

Shrugging his shoulders, he decided to mess with his phone for a while to waste some time. He opened a web browser app and navigated to a site that features a lot of different types of web novels. He was hooked into reading as of late. It was unfortunate that he don't have any books on him at the moment but he was glad of the invention of the so called internet.

As he would only be reading for a bit, he search through the short story section. He pick a few that catches his fancy and started reading. Although the works are created mostly by new authors, they are not bad as each of them have fulfilled their important purpose; to entertain. Glynne smiles while reading. He was so absorbed that he didn't notice the time.

"Oh, you're quite early."

"Hm?" Glynne noticed someone approached on his front. He looked to see a familiar girl with bluish gray hair tied into a low ponytail. On her head was a white beret while she was dress in a soft green off shoulder shirt with three triangles printed on the front. On the bottom was a dark grey Capri pants, and a pair of sneakers with the same color as the shirt. However, that wasn't what stole his attention.

"What are you staring at?" Fu Hua asked while narrowing her eyes

"What are you staring at?" Fu Hua asked while narrowing her eyes. She felt a bit awkward with him looking at her for quite a while.

"Now that I think of it, this is probably the first time I properly look at your face without any glasses." Glynne muttered and nodded his head. "Hmm, as expected you're beautiful."

Fu Hua was surprised by the sudden compliment. Looking at him closely, it looks like he didn't even do it on purpose. "You... you should watch out your words, you know."