Extra Story: First Chocolate

"What did you call me here for?" A young black haired boy complained. He looks grumpy as he scratches his head. "Did you have another mission for me again?"

He glared at the blonde woman sitting on the opposite side of the table. It was understandable, he had just woken up but he got immediately ordered to go to her office as soon as possible.

The woman smiled bewitchingly but this only add to the irritation of the young boy. "It's nothing like that. Just want to talk to you, that's all."

"Is that so," the boy responded as he let out a sigh. "If it isn't then, I'm going. "

"Are you sure you wanted to act like that in front of me, Raz?" the boy stopped midway to the door as he turned around and glare at the blonde woman. He felt it was troublesome but he just gave up and sat on the nearby chair. "Oh, seems like you are still aware. Good."

Raz furrowed his eyebrows. The woman in front of him, Cocolia, is someone he knows that he should never displease as much as possible. Although he hated it, he has no choice but to follow with her whims. "So? What you do want from me?"

"Didn't I told you earlier? I wanted to talk to you." Cocolia stated while leaning forward to her desk.

"Is that all?" Raz commented while raising an eyebrow. "Why me though? If a conversation partner is all you want then there's a lot just outside other then me."

"Ara~ it wouldn't hurt to humor me a bit." Cocolia complained though based from her tone, she seems to be not that serious.

"I don't like it." Raz immediately replied. His hostility is clear to see but Cocolia seems like she just ignoring it.

"Don't be like that." the blonde woman waved her hand to dispel to tensed atmosphere. She reach for her drawer and retrieve a box with a transparent cover. Inside was multiple little balls that was coiled in golden foils.

"What's that?" Raz asked as his eyes sharpened. He is not sure if what she brought out was one of those experiments again. However, he won't fall for it as he raised his guard up.

"Relax, I'm not bringing out anything shady." Cocolia reassured. She opened the box and slid it near the boy's reach. "Do you recall what's the date today?"

"Date? As if I know that." Raz replied with a frown. Because a lot of days pass whenever he was asleep on the pod, he didn't bother keeping track on the date. It's just that he found it useless for him. "Sigh~ Can you stop beating around the bush already?"

"Geez, you're impatient aren't you? Why won't you enjoy enjoy talking to me once in a while?" Cocolia puffed her cheeks to try to look cute but only to be met with a disgusted face. She smiled looking at his reaction. "Alright then, if that's what you want then I won't say no to my favorite child's request. Today is the fourteenth of February. Others dubbed it as Valentine's Day."

"Valentine's Day?" Raz tilted his head sideways. It the first time he heard of it so he didn't know what it means.

"Oh I guess you didn't know about it." Cocolia concluded based from the boy's reaction. "It is the day of love. In some culture, it is the day one would express their love to other, usually by giving gifts in a from of chocolate or flowers."

"Is that so? And your point is?" Raz narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

Cocolia smiled and pick one of the balls inside of the box and removed its golden cover to reveal its brown insides. She then plopped in to her mouth. "... Since you're my favorite child, I'll be gifting you some chocolate. Here, get one and try it. I'm sure you'll love it."

"Huh? You're not making any sense." the boy remarked. Talking about love is another thing, but her saying that she loves him as his child is something he don't believe.

In the first place, they aren't even related by blood. And who in their goddamn mind would let their child participate in laboratory experiments and go to the battlefield.

"You don't like it then?" Cocolia asked while plopping another chocolate to her mouth. "They're sweet, you know."

"Tch!" Raz can't help but click his tongue. Even if he wanted to reject her offer, he can't help but get curious about the taste of the so called chocolate. He had never ate one before as such he wanted to try one for himself.

It took him a while. He let out a sigh and gave up as he pick one from the box. He copied Cocolia movements a while ago and put the ball of chocolate in his mouth.

"Did you like it?" Cocolia asked with a smirk. However, Raz didn't answer as he was busy savoring the taste of the chocolate in his mouth.

It's sweet but could pick up of slight bitterness mixed along with it. He felt something and chew it with his teeth. It was nuts as it goes pretty well with the chocolate.

He finished eating it as he was about to get one but...

"Didn't I say to pick one?" Cocolia moved the box away from his reach.

"Not fair... " Only then that he has realized he has fallen to her tricks. Eating chocolate was quite addicting, especially for kids of his age. Just one isn't enough. He is craving for more. Raz couldn't do anything but pout his cheeks while glaring at woman in front of him.

Cocolia smiled seeing such childish response. She glanced to her side, towards the direction of the small camera that she hid. She was quite pleased that she got another footage to use for teasing him in the the future.

"Ah" Raz let out a disappointed voice upon seeing Cocolia hid the box of chocolates to her drawer. He crossed him arms and leaned his back to the chair.

"Oh, don't be like that Raz." Cocolia pleaded but the young boy refuses to talk to her as he tries to avoid making any eye contact.

She chuckled, she was expecting this would happen. Her hand reached out below her desk as she noticed the boy's eyes sometimes glancing at her.

Cocolia opened another drawer and revealed a number of transparent pouches. The young boy's eyes shined seeing that inside of them are chocolates of different size and shapes. "Did you perhaps forgotten about the girls already? I'm not the only one who wanted to give you a gift, you know."

His eyes widened. Raz felt ashamed as he scratched his head. Just how could he forgot about them, is what he is thinking.

"Make sure to thank them after this, okay?" Cocolia advises as the boy meekly nodded his head. She leaned forwards as she presented the pouches. "...Well, won't you give them a try? The girls really worked hard to make them, you know. They would be trilled to know that you ate them."

"Eh? They made this?" Raz asked in surprise.

"Yes" Cocolia replied with a smile.

Raz furrowed his eyebrows. The pressure has just increased. He reached out for the nearest pouch and grabbed a piece of chocolate inside.

He put it in his mouth as he opened his eyes wide. The taste might be compared to the earlier one that he ate but the one the girls made is still good.

"Ara~ as expected, you choose her gift first." At Cocolia's words, Raz did a double check at the pouch. He noticed the design adorning it as he his face turned red in realization.

"Ah, Wa-wait, I-I didn't.... i-it wasn't my intention." Raz is fumbling on his words as he tries to explain himself.

Cocolia only smiled, enjoying the boy's reaction.