Chapter 3 - Contest

'How did it come to this?'─ Glynne had a bitter smile while sitting on the side of the stage. His eye twitch a bit watching a couple being lovey dovey as they announce their love to each other in front of the audience. For some unknown reason, he felt like he could see a pink atmosphere enveloping the two.

"Oh Richard," the girl called out her boyfriend's name. "I couldn't imagine my life without meeting you."

"My Julie," the boy look at her girlfriend with passionate eyes. He caressed her hair as his hand ended on her chin. "I can't possibly describe how lucky I am when I first laid my eyes on you."

"Oh my, how bold! You can't see that in a lot of the youth nowadays!" the host commented on the side while giving a thumbs up. "Now then, everyone time to give them their score!"

The screen on top of the stage let out noises as random numbers appear on screen. The pair on stage hold each other's hand, hoping to get a high score. On what it seems like it would take forever, the sound died down with the final score being displayed.

"What a surprised, their final score is 96! That is the highest score we have seen today!" the host announced with the couple embracing in happiness.

Yep, Glynne and Bronya was recruited to join in a couple contest event. The rules are simple, flirt in front and let the audience rate your performance. Glynne refuse the offer at first simply because they are not a couple. He told him the recruiter has misunderstood and about to continue on their way. However he seems to be quite stubborn as he is desperate in making them join.

Glynne could not help but let out a sigh remembering what happened a while ago. In the end, they got recruited because of a simple fact, the winning price was revealed to be a ticket for two for the Homu Amusement Park. Even though he could afford to buy the tickets himself, he can't forgot how Bronya seems to look eager as her eyes are sparkling while she is staring at him.

"Contestants number five, both of you are up next." A man approached and notified them.

"Glynne, let's do our best." Bronya cheered while pumping her fist. The boy noticed a fire being lit in her eyes as he smiled and placed his hand on her head. The look ahead to see the couple exiting the stage.

"Seems like it will be a huge hurdle for our next participants! Will their love succeed and surpassed them?" the host said to hype up the contest. "Now, let us welcome! Our next pair!"

That was their cue. Glynne and Bronya nodded at each other as the boy presented his hand for the girl to hold. She accepted the offer and they both walk into the stage while holding hands.

"Then, can you kindly introduce yourself?" the host goes near and handed out a mic to them.

"Glynne Romero"

"Bronya Zaychik"

That was all. The host was confused in such a short introduction. Although it is not that uncommon for some contestant to do so, they are mostly can be observe on the timid ones. However, it seems like that is not the case seeing that the pair has a straight face. Bronya is a given as she can't really express her emotion much. But for Glynne, he is holding back his face from twitching seeing the amount of attention he is gathering.

"Then, let us proceed to the next segment!" the host declared to try to dispel the awkward atmosphere. "Now please show us your love!"

Glynne let out a sigh. He got caught in a troublesome situation and yet he can't really do anything about it now that he is now on stage. Thinking that there no others choice, he ignited his competitive spirit a bit and goes behind the girl. "Excuse me."