Chapter 5 - Slip away

"Glynne, let's go for a swim!" when one is talking about what activities on the beach, of course, swimming will be one of the most common thing that quickly pop in mind. Thus leads to Kiana deciding to call out the boy. She expect him to be quite eager to join in since swimming is fun after all.

However, what she didn't expect was his reaction. Glynne freeze on his spot and almost drop his drink. His fingers are slightly trembling and his eyes keeps glancing from side to side as if he was looking for something. "I-I think I left my phone charging overnight. Y-you should go first, I'll follow you after."

As soon as he said that, he left the place as if he was in a hurry. Kiana was confused by this but she was too late to ask him questions. She stood there with her hand stretch towards the corner the boy disappeared to. "Could it be...?"

@@@@@@@@@@

The sun is shining high up on the sky. Theresa has sunglasses on her eyes as she enjoys floating around pool. She reached for the drink, which is on another floating platform besides her, and took a small sip. She then played with its contents a little bit before putting it down.

Bronya's eyes was staring at the surface, to be more exact, her reflection. She was some kind of trance looking at it as it is somewhat getting distorted when she moved her submersed legs.

Fu Hua was doing some sort of shadow boxing on the side. She is quite diligent alright, too diligent perhaps that she never forgets training during vacation. Not that is was a bad thing as this clearly shows how much discipline she has when it comes to improving herself. But well, maybe because of the sun is hotter than usual, she covered in sweat in just a few minutes.

As of Mei, she is standing near Bronya while she keeps looking around as if she is looking for something. She became quite relieved when she noticed a white haired girl approaching from the distance, however she soon became confused when she noticed Kiana was alone. "Hm? I thought you went to get Glynne?"

However, the girl was not responsive as she seems to be in deep thought. She managed to snap back to reality when Mei waved her hands in front of her face. It took a while before she realized what's going on. "Ah, h-he said he would follow soon after."

"Is that so," Mei responded but she was still puzzled seeing the girl acting restless. "Is something bothering you, Kiana?"

"No no, it's nothing to be worried about!" Kiana wave her in a flustered manner. She calmed down after a while and look over the dorm house. "It's just that, Glynne seems a bit dodgy when I invited him."

"What do you mean?" Mei asked as the white haired girl narrated what happened earlier with the boy. She fell silent and put hand under her chin, "Could he be unable to swim?"

"Bronya don't think that is the case." the two girls was surprised when Bronya joined in with their conversation.

"Hmm, if you're talking about Glynne being reluctant, it's more likely because he was conscious of his scar." Fu Hua also chipped in as she finished her training and approaches them while wiping off her sweat.

Now that they have been reminded of it, the girls would sometimes see a scar peeking on his back. They were curious about it at first but with him living with them, they kind of forgotten about it and had become the norm. However, nobody was still able to see it in full view, except for two.

"Geez, if that's his reason, he could have said so!" Kiana was sulky now that the mystery has been solve. She sat down on the bench with her arms crossed while Mei is trying to cheer her up.

'I don't think that is simply the case.' Theresa, who has been staying silent since a while ago, thought while eavesdropping on the girl's conversation.