Chapter 29 - Born as a Kaslana, Always be a Kaslana

The sun hasn't risen yet but Glynne has already woken up. It was still in mid-spring as such the mornings are still quite cold. Even so, this doesn't stop the young man as he start warming up his body for the his morning routine.

As Glynne was in the middle of stretching, he heard the doors sliding open behind him. He took a quick glance to see who it was before he returned his attention to what he is doing.

"Still as early as ever, huh." Kallen commented before closing the door behind her. "Will you go training again?"

"Yeah, I don't want my skills to get to get rusty." Glynne replied while doing a set of side reaches.

Kallen smiled, quite pleased with the young man's routine. Usually, she would just sat down and watch him do his morning routine before he goes to train to the forest, but today, she is planning something else. "Can I join you?"

"Eh?" Glynne widened his eyes at the unexpected request. He then scratched his chin as he feels hesitant. After all, Kallen is still in the middle of recovering.

Perhaps sensing the young man's hesitation, she smiled while waving her hand. "Do not worry, I am feeling better as of late. Moving lightly would not pose much of a problem."

Glynne furrowed his eyebrows, "But still-"

"- And besides, just like you, I also do not want to get rusty." Kallen quickly intercepted.

Using his own logic against him, the young man couldn't think of anything to retort. Glynne could only sigh in resignation. "... Fine, but Miss Kallen, you should make to only train moderately. I don't want for Miss Sakura to get angry."

Kallen giggled. She is more or less Sakura's patient after all. Considering her personality, she would definitely get angry if she would found out that Kallen carelessly tries to move her body despite still recovering. "Do not worry, I will make sure to properly explain it to her if we got found out."

"No, at least tell me to make sure she wouldn't find it out in the first place." Glynne retorted before heaving a sigh. He can't help but get worried. Somehow, even when she may be her distant relative, he could see a reflection of Kiana from her... No, remembering Siegfried, he thought that this might be something that runs along the Kaslana blood. If that was the case, then he couldn't do anything about it but just scratch the back of his head. "What a troublesome clan..."

Kallen tilted her head at the young man's last sentence.

@@@@@@@@@@@

"Eh, a spar?" Glynne asked in surprised. They had just arrived at the clearing of the forest, where he trains, when Kallen suddenly suggested something outrageous out of nowhere. He hopes that he just heard it wrong.

However, when Kallen nodded, his hopes was immediately shattered. Well it's not like he have high expectations about it in the first place. Glynne couldn't help but let it a sigh.

"Geez, why are you against it?" Kallen complained. "Will you not be happy to get a chance to have a spar with me."

And there it is. Glynne did his best to not show on his face how annoyed he is feeling from a conceited remark. He already has a hunch where this is going. "Miss Kallen, I will remind you that you are still recovering."

"I see, " Kallen nodded as if she understood, however, "So what you are saying is that you are afraid to be defeated by someone who are weakened?"

Such a cheap provocation won't work on Glynne. He just shrugged his shoulders and turned around to get ready. However...

"You are open!" Kallen yelled and immediately close the distance between them.

She tries to grab him from the back, only for her to grab the air as Glynne duck down. He immediately counter attack by doing a leg swipe.