Bet

Brian's POV:

Will looked like a deer caught in headlights. "A-are you sure that's a good idea?", he stuttered. I rolled my eyes. "What, like you haven't gotten drunk before", I teased. "It's not me I'm worried about.." I stood up from the couch and grabbed his hand. He reluctantly stood up too. I grabbed both his shoulders. "Will. Mr. Golden boy. Alcohol won't hurt me, isn't it supposed to be healthy to have a little booze when your sick? I think you need to relax a little, and I need.. a distraction. We're both stressed, we're both under a lot of pressure. Besides, it's 8 pm on a Saturday. Live a little", I smiled as I grabbed his arm and dragged him upstairs.

Will's POV:

This was the dumbest thing I've ever done. As Brian dragged me upstairs, only one thought went through my tiny brain. What the fuck am I doing? I was so ready to tell him this was bad, but when he turned around and said; "You don't need to worry about me. To drink, I have to loose first. And that won't happen", my hearth did ten thousand flips inside my chest. So instead, I showed him where my parents kept the alcohol.  

We got some shot glasses and a bottle of vodka. I also grabbed some chips and soda, because I had a very very bad feeling about Brian shotting vodka. We got settled in the couch and started playing. Brian was surprisingly very good. And very loud. "Take that you dumb fuck. Die die die. YO I SWEAR TO GOD, IF TOAD DOESN'T FUCKING STOP. Peach can go jump off a bridge", he yelled. My ears we're so tortured. 

After playing a tournament, I ended up in 3rd place, while Brian won, finishing all races in 1st place. "How are you so good at this?", I asked. "My brothers best friend had a Wii u and they invited me to play. They always beat me so I decided to win", he explained. I blinked. "You decided to win?" He nodded. "Yeah, when I decide to do something, I do it." Brian was more amazing than I've ever imagined.

I filled the glass and took a shot. It tasted awful, and I quickly gulped it down with some soda. We played another tournament, and I lost again. I didn't really mind. Brian seemed over-ecstatic. If he had a tail, it would be wagging from side to side. It made me happy he was enjoying himself. 

We played various short games, like Nintendo party. The clock went from 8 pm to 10. By now Brian had taken 2 shots, I had taken 7. I was starting to feel tipsy. We were getting closer and closer. Our shoulders touched, and his leg was on top of mine. It felt like electricity every time his body touched mine. 

We were both getting tired of playing, and now we just sat in a comfortable silence. "So", I said, breaking the silence. "Why do you hate me?", I asked. Brian squinted at me. "I hate you?", he asked in confusion. "I don't know if you really hate me, but sometimes you act like it. Like you'd rather throw up than be in the same room with me", I honestly replied. 

Brian bit his lip before twiddling his thumbs. "Um, I don't really hate you. I think I was just jealous of you. If life was a game and I could choose the pre-setup, it would look like you. Tall, handsome, smart, rich and popular. It's annoying how perfect you are, golden boy. So I guess I took your perfection as a challenge. I created a rivalry even though you never did anything to challenge me." He pouted. "That's very shitty, I'm sorry. We could have been friends, if I didn't make anything into a competition all the time."

It might be because of the alcohol, but there was only one thing my brain would focus on. "You think I'm handsome?", I asked flabbergasted. Brian groaned and sunk lower down the couch. "You fit the Eurocentric beauty standards. You are blonde with blonde hair." Lower, he said; "Yeah I think you're handsome". I grinned. This was great news! Brian jokingly slapped me. "Hey, don't go and get a big ego now", he joked. I turned to Brian and looked him in the eyes. "It's okay, I think you're handsome too." Brian turned red and slapped both his hands on his cheeks. "S-shut up", he mumbled. 

All around the big and empty mansion, for the first time, you could hear laughter. "You're a lightweight, aren't you?", I chuckled. "I guess", he sighted. "Let's go to bed, I'm tired. And you're drunk, thanks to your horrible driving." I was starting to feel sleepy too, so we went upstairs. "You need to change", I blurted out.

"Excuse me, what?", Brian looked confused. "You've been sleeping in the same clothes for a long time. You can borrow my PJ's", I told him. But when we went to the closet, we realized that my clothes might be a little too big. I respectfully put my hands over my eyes when he changed. "The pants keep falling off", Brian complained. He tossed the pants inside the closet. 

When I opened my eyes, Brian stood before me. Wearing my shirt. My. Shirt. He looked so beautiful. "Sleep in my bed", I said. "What?", he said surprised. "It's lonely. And cold. And I want to cuddle. Please?", I asked, putting on my best puppy eyes. Brian rolled his eyes. "Whatever", he mumbled, shuffling under the sheets. I quickly got in besides him. 

We both laid there, his head resting on my chest. My arm around him. Our breaths synchronized. Our legs entwined on my big bed.