Meeting the mom's

Brian's POV:

I had been to Will's house countless times, but his giant ass mansion never stopped amazing me. How could everything be so white and clean? Magic. Rich people magic. And probably three maids. "It's just a simple dinner, so don't be nervous", Will told me as he unlocked the door. "I wasn't really nervous", I told him. "Until you said that. Should I have been nervous? Now I'm starting to get nervous", I rambled. "You made me nervous!", I scolded him. "I told you to not be nervous", he gave an exasperated sigh. "Helloo", the booming voice of a woman rang down the halls. I gave Will a terrified look as he pushed me inside.

Walking down the hall was a woman who looked like a goddess.  She wore a purple satin dress and gold sandals. Despite the fact that it was spring and the weather was still chilly, she looked like she came out of a summer vacation magazine. Her face was gorgeous. She had a sharp and square jawline, dreamy green eyes with long lashes and a bright smile. She looked like Will if he was a Victoria's Secret model in his thirties. And she was tall. She was almost the same height as Will. I noticed this because the minute she saw me, she embraced me in a tight hug. It was very lovely, if I ignored the fact that I couldn't breathe. And her... uhm... chest was pressing into my neck. 

"Mom, let him breathe", Will sighted, looking embarrassed. "Oh, sorry", his mother laughed. When she finally let me go, she pulled me at an arms distance and started staring at me. "Uhm, hi Mrs. Miller, nice to meet you", I said, bowing. I froze mid bow. Shit, this was not normal. His mother was such an authority figure that when I greeted her, my body instinctively bowed. And not just a nod of the head. It was a full 45 degree put your back into it bow. My ears burned with shame as I lifted my head, but to my surprise I was met with a delighted expression. "Oh my, you are so polite! Your parents must have raise you well! Anyways", giggled and patted my shoulder. "Please, call me Amber. Or mom, if you want to." "Mom!", Will complained. His mother just snickered. "Come on in boys, I've prepared dinner", she gestured for us to go to the dining hall. 

Inside, there was this long wooden table set with three plates and three champagne glasses. Apart from that, there were two big plastic bags on the table. Mrs. Miller, or Amber,  started unpacking the bags, taking out white Styrofoam boxes. "Just sit down if you want. I didn't know what you liked, Brian, so I ordered a lot of different dishes. Just eat what you like", she told me, putting down a box of spring rolls. "Did you order Chinese?", Will asked. "Yeah, why?", Amber replied. "Mom", Will looked annoyed, "Brian is Korean. Chinese takeout is like, fake Chinese food", he sighted. His mother gave me a worried expression. "Oh no, I didn't think about that. This food is probably pretty gross to you", she apologized. "No, not at all. My mom and I order from this place all the time, don't worry", I smiled and reassured her. It seemed to work, as she sighted and continued to unwrap the food.

"So, what does your parents do for a living?", she asked me when we finally sat down to eat. I could see Will tense up. To be honest, he had been tense since we walked into the house. "Well, my father used to be an electrician. My mother is currently unemployed, but she's looking for work. She's been working part time at a convenience store, but she originally worked as a receptionist", I answered. "Oh, that's lovely. I hope your mom finds a steady job. You said your dad used to be an electrician, is he retired?", she questioned. "Mom, please..", Will murmured. I gave him a wave. "No, it's fine. My father is dead", I told her. "I'm so sorry", she replied, giving me an apologetic look. "I always pry my nose into others business, I'll close my big mouth", she apologized. "No, no, please don't. I always have to tell people eventually, it doesn't need to be awkward", I reassured her. "Well, we could talk about something nicer. Like your relationship with my son", she grinned.

I blushed. "Yeah, it's really great", I said. "Now, I don't know how much Will has told you about his parents, but our family isn't perfect. Will's dad works in another state, so you probably won't meet him anytime soon. That's probably for the best though", she said. "Mom, you're making him uncomfortable", Will complained. "No, it's nice to learn more about your family. I don't mind", I said. Will gave me an annoyed look, but I just smirked at him. "My son can be quite cold, I admit that. I don't know what I did wrong, but if he doesn't open up about his feelings then call me, I'll scold him for you", Amber reassured me. Will groaned, and I just giggled. "Actually, he has opened up quite a lot to me. Enough to give me courage to talk to him about my own problems", I told her. She looked at Will in shock, who in return looked everywhere except at her. "You did? Wow, you're getting all grown up", she cooed, ruffling his hair. He blushed, but didn't push her hand away. It was really cute watching him with his mom. I had never seen him this self conscious and shy since when we started our "relationship". 

"I'm the one who takes care of Will and this house, if you ever need anything, you contact me, okay?", she said. I nodded. "Will's dad and I are kind of divorced without being divorced. He gets to brag about being married with me, I get to spend his money. We attend events together. It's a win win situation", she said. "Mom, he doesn't need to hear about you and dad's relationship problems", Will insisted. "So, Brian, do you care most about money or love?", she asked. "Are you insinuating that he's dating me for money?", Will asked, anger in his tone. "Calm down, I'm just curious", his mother told him, shushing him. "Well, no offense to you and your family, but when I met Will he didn't seem very happy. At least, not happier than me. And if my financial situation was better, a lot of stress would have been taken of my shoulder. But I have a plan for that. And I don't think anything could make me as happy as falling in love with Will has. So for me, I think love is the most important", I replied, looking at Will as I said the last words. Amber nodded. "You are very wise, young man. I really hope you and Will can learn from each other and grow as people", she nodded. I sighted in relief. Somehow, I felt like I passed a test.

The rest of the dinner went great. We continued to chat about more pleasant topics, like what I wanted to study and where we were going to live. Or rather, Amber and I talked while Will quietly ate, only butting in at the conversation to stop his mother. At the end of the evening, Amber asked if I wanted to sleep over. I told her I would call my mom to let her know. Amber asked me to invite my mother to dinner the next day. I hand't really come out to my mother, but it felt rude to decline her offer. I told her I would, and decided to talk about it later. My mom, to my surprise, sounded pretty excited about the dinner. We decided that Will and I would go to my place first and pick her up. "He's definitely a keeper. He's polite, well spoken, and my, so pretty! I didn't know you had a thing for pretty boys", I could hear Amber's muted voice through the door. I was expecting Will to protest and complain, like he had been doing all night. Instead, he replied: "He is, isn't he. He's the most beautiful person I've ever met." Heat rose to my cheeks, and I had to take a good 30 seconds to regain my composure before I walked inside.

"My mom said she would love to come over", I said. Will and Amber both jumped, looking surprised. I smiled innocently, pretending I didn't just hear their conversation. "That's great! Does your mom have any allergies?", she asked. "No, I don't think so", I replied. She looked between us and said: "Well, I wont keep you any longer. Good night, if you need anything, I'm in the living room on the east wing. Oh, and also, please use protection. Okay love you, night." 

Will and I both blushed. I didn't really think much about it, but apparently Will did. He brought it up later, when we were cuddling in his bed. "I'm sorry about my mom. She's really nice, but she can be a bit much. She doesn't tone it down around strangers", he apologized. I shook my head. "No, she's awesome. I really like her, for real", I told him. We were laying on our backs, Will's left arm wrapped around me. I felt warm, fuzzy and secure. "You know what she said about protection", Will started. I laughed. "Yeah, don't be embarrassed", I said. "Well, we haven't really... done it yet. Like, all the way", he said. I looked at him. "Do you want to?", I asked. He shrugged.

"I'm fine with waiting, but to be honest I really want to. When you're ready", he added. "I..", I started. "I don't want to force you, you don't have to answer", Will told me. I shook my head. "No, I want to. I've wanted to for a long time, but I didn't know where we stood. And, I'm a virgin, so it's kinda a big deal to me. I wanted to do it with the right person, and I didn't know if that was you. But I like, trust you and feel secure around you now", I told him. An awkward silence fell on us. "Well, let's just wait and see. We can always try and stop and try again", Will said. "Yeah", I agreed. "No need to rush it."

"You are gonna be the bottom though?", Will said. I turned my head at the speed of light. "Wait what?"

A/N: this was a long chapter, but I've been tardy with updates so hope you like this<3 Please vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter, see you on Monday~