Buss

A/N: It's 6 days late, but it's here, and it's queer.

Brian's POV:

I was the first one to get on the bus. Which was perfect, because then I could avoid Will. I went to the back of the bus, hoping he wouldn't see me. A couple minutes later, Miss Johnson also entered the bus. She sat down at the front, then turned to me. 

"Good morning", I smiled at her. "Good morning indeed. How does it feel to be a winner?", she asked. "SO fucking good", I exhaled. "Fucking finally." "Well, enjoy it while it lasts. You deserve it", she said before turning around again to look at her phone. 

Will entered the bus a few minutes before we were about to leave. "Have you seen Brian. Is he here already?", he asked as he gasped for air. Miss Johnson nodded. "Yeah, he was the first one to arrive." She looked at me and I gave her a panicked expression, shaking my head slightly. "I think he's very tired though, he fell asleep the moment he sat down. He's worked really hard, so you should probably not disturb him", she explained. Will turned his head towards me, but I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the window. Please don't sit next to me, please don't sit next to me. And he didn't. Instead, he took a seat in the front. I slowly opened my eyes a little to see what he was doing, and saw him sitting two rows in front of me reading a book. I felt a bit of disappointment, even though I had wished he didn't sit with me.

After pretending to pretending to fall asleep, I actually did. I slept for the rest of the ride, only waking up a few second to fall back asleep. I didn't realize how exhausted I was. I woke up when the bus stopped. I looked around and realized we were back at school. I got off the bus and grabbed my bag, ready to leave. "Hey Brian", will said as he grabbed my hand. I jumped and pulled my hand away. There was a moment of silence. "I can drive you home, of you want?", Will offered, scratching the nape of his neck. I forced a grin. "Thanks, but my mom is going to pick me up", I lied. "Bye!", I half yelled and speed walked away.

As soon as I was out of eyesight, I stopped and pulled out my phone. I pressed favorites and called the only person who could help me sort out this mess. "Hello?", I heard Cole's voice on the other end. "Cole, I have major new. Buckle up", I said as I started my walk home. Cole groaned. "Dude, I just woke up. And I have the worst hungover ever", he complained. I scoffed. "You're lucky you're in bed, I have to walk home with a hungover." I hadn't really noticed it on the bus, probably because I was asleep the whole time, but my head was pounding and I felt nauseous.  

"Okay, tell me what's up", Cole said. And I told him everything that happened. I was pouring out my feelings, how I didn't know what to do. The whole situation was just frustrating. "Dude, you're just over complicating everything", Cole said. "You wanna be in a relationship with him, right?" I groaned. "Yeah, I guess", I said. "I still feel like I should get to know him more". "Then the solution is easy. Ask him on a date, start dating, be boyfriends, get engaged, get married, adopt small children. I really don't see the problem here", Cole said.

"What if he rejects me", I muttered. "What?", Cole said. "What if he rejects me", I said louder. "Then you get rejected. And sad. And I'll buy you ice cream. But isn't it better to do something with it, rather then hiding your feelings?" I nodded even though he couldn't see me. "You're right", I said. "I'm usually right", Cole said and smiled.

"We need to have a sleepover soon, I have major stress from some drama. The whole school is talking about it", he sighted. "Oh, I haven't heard about it", I said. Cole chuckled. "Of course not, you live on a different planet". We hung up and I walked up the staircase to the apartment.

"Mom, are you there?", I asked. My mom welcomed me home. She didn't hug me, but that was nothing unusual. But she led me to the kitchen. "Brian, welcome home. I made some kimchi and noodles for you", she said. I smiled. "Thank you, mom".

For the first time in a while, my mom and I ate a homemade meal together. I smiled as we chatted about my trip and all the things I did. I didn't tell her everything of course, but I told her about the city and the great things I saw. She didn't tell me she was proud of me, but the food she made me showed me all the love I wanted.