People person

Will's POV:

I watched everyone compliment Brian, and I felt a surge of proudness as he received the compliments. Brian didn't seem too enthusiastic about the whole banquet thing, but at least he would suffer prettily now. 

We walked up to the entrance, where a lady in a uniform gave us our name tags. As we entered the room, a server gave us a Champaign glass. Brian gasped. "Their serving us alcohol?" , he whispered. Anna chuckled. "No silly, it's cider", she explained. Brian blushed. "Oh.."

Four long tables were lined up in the big room, and at the end of the room there was a stage with a podium. We found our table and sat down. They informed us that the leader of the Washington high school yearly debate would hold a speech for us. After that they would serve a tree course meal, then we would be free to go to our rooms at 21:00 pm. The banquet hall would close at 23:00 pm. 

A man with a black suit walked up to the podium. He had brown hair, and he looked like he was around 50 years old. He had a trimmed beard and a sharp jawline, he looked very neat and polished. «Welcome», he said. He paused for a moment and smiled as he looked at his audience. «It's great to see so many new faces here-», he smirked to the teachers table «and of course old one's». He stood up straight and fixed his tie.

«My name is Max Holt, and I am the founder of this event.» He drone don talking about why he founded this event and his ambitions for the future. He thought he was so cool, didn't he? I looked over at Brian to see if he was disgusted to, but to my surprise he wasn't. On the contrary, he was looking at Max like he was the next great thing after cheese. «Ugh, he's so lame. What a cocky jerk», I whispered to Brian.

Brian side eyed me. «Shut up, I'm trying to listen. Also, you're the cocky jerk here», he whispered back. Ouch. But seriously. The way he thought he was so great, why would Brian like him? Was this because Max was older? Did Brian have a thing for older men? Considering he had some daddy issues, he actually might.

I zoned out and decided to just stare at Brian instead of listening to this bastard. After what felt like an hour, he waved and bowed. Everyone started clapping, but I didn't. Brian saw that and elbowed me, so I did a few sad claps.

Finally, food arrived. I was starving. The appetizer was scallops in a white cheese sauce, served with basil. The waiters were quite fast, and soon everyone was eating. But Brian was only staring at his plate. «You start from the outside», I whispered to him. He nodded gratefully, and grabbed the fork furthest away from his plate. My parents had forced me to learn etiquette from a young age, and now I was quite grateful I got to flex my skills to Brian. Take that stupid Max.

«The scallops are really good», Brian said as he shoved some more into his mouth. Oh to be a scallop. «They're okay. A little under seasoned», I muttered. Brian poked me with his fork. «Oh shut up you spoiled brat», he said. I only slapped his hand away as he tried to poke me again.

The girl who sat on the opposite side of the table, in front of us, laughed. «Wow, you must be really close! Are you good friends?», she asked. «Oh, or maybe dating?», she added.

Brian and I both gaped at her. «Sorry», she said. «You don't need to answer if it makes you uncomfortable!» 

"We're not dating!", I yelled at the same time Brian yelled: "We're not friends!"

Ouch.

An awkward silence lingered the air. The girl in front of us raised her brow. "So your neither friends or boyfriends?", she asked. Brian nodded. "Yeah, we're just forced to be together this weekend", he explained.

"Seriously, that hurts man. We're not even friends?", I fake pouted at Brian. Brian rolled his eyes. "It's not like you have a shortage of friends. Also, I hate you. You're such a snob, and tall, and you think you're better than everyone. And your annoying. And I hate you."

"You said you hate me twice", I said. Brian nodded. "Yes, to emphasize".

"You didn't seem to be hating me when you cuddled me in MY bed, while I took care of you", I whispered in his ear.

Brian turned red and shoved me away. He was so adorable when he was flustered. "A-anyway, I don't think we've introduced ourselves properly. I'm Brian Kim, he's Will Miller. What's your name?", he asked. 

The girl smiled. "My name's Aisha Davis, pleasure to meet y'all! What grade are you in?", she asked. "We're both seniors, how about you?", Brian asked. "I'm a sophomore", she said. "Wow, then you must be pretty skilled", Brian said. They kept mingling but I kinda droned them out and kept eating.

After a dreadfully long time of eating and smiling, we were finally free to go. As we headed to the elevator, Brian asked me: "Why didn't you talk to Aisha, she was really nice!" I shrugged. "Maybe I didn't feel like talking to her." "Do you ever feel like talking to anyone?", he asked me, actual wondering in his voice. Yes, you. I always feel like talking to and about you. But I didn't say that, because I'm not a simp.

"I'm not a people person", I said instead, as we headed into the elevator. "How can you not be a people person? People love you!", he exclaimed. "Well I don't love people. It's not that I have something against being with people, it's just that most people tend to... disappoint me", I explained. We were right outside our room and we unlocked the door. 

Brian plopped down on the bed. "Like, how? They don't live up to your expectations? Or they're not cool or interesting?", he asked. I locked the door and shoved off my shoes.

"No, not like that. I just find that most people's pretty fake. They are nice as long as you act the way they want, then when you don't they're suddenly not there for you anymore."

"Maybe because you hang with the wrong people?", Brian suggested. He took off his shoes and threw them in a corner, then sat up and crossed his legs. "I mean, you never tried to be my friend, and I'm super cool. And I'm not fake, if I dislike you I would show it", he said. 

I walked over to the bed and looked down at him. "Yeah, I know. You've expressed your hatred for me. Also", I said and pushed him down on the bed. "You were the one who said we weren't friends, you dork" Brian grabbed a pillow and smacked it in my head.

"Pfft, you should see the look on your face right now. Your hairs all swisshy swooshy", he giggled. I took a step back and looked him dead in the eye. "Oh no, are you mad? I'm sorry!-", he said as I picked up a pillow and smacked him back. "Hey!", he yelled.

We had an epic pillow fight that I totally won. We both fell on the bed panting. "Uh, I'm gonna go get ready for bed, I wanna be ready for tomorrow", Brian said as he grabbed his pj's ran to the bathroom. 

I smacked my head into the pillow and groaned. Right now, politics were the last thing on my mind.

A/N: Sorry for lat update, but let me just tell y'all you're in for a ride:D