Second best

A/N: This is my first book ever lol. Please give feedback:)

Brian POV:

Being second best is almost worse than just being plain bad. At least when you suck people accept that. When you are second best, there are always people telling you: "That was so close!" "I'm sure you will be first next time." And the worst one; "You did your best." That's exactly what my brother told me after I told him I got the second best grade on the recent history test. 

"And of course it was Will. It's always him! He just had to get two more points. I mean, if I have to lose the universe could at least give me a variety of people to lose to." I couldn't help but rant, feeling more frustrated by the minute.

I saw my brother's disappointed face through my pc screen. "First of all," he said, "getting an A is not loosing. As long as you get good grades, what's the point in having to always be best. Second, you seem kinda obsessed with this will guy. You got a crush?" my brother teased, wiggling his eyebrows. I gave him a sour expression back. I seriously miss him, but he could be an idiot sometimes. Will Miller was single-handedly the most annoying person in the world. There is no way I would ever even be friends with him. My phone pinged and I sighted. "I've got to go, Eric, I'm off to school." Eric waved and I hung up the skype call. I grabbed my backpack and ran down the stairs from my apartment to meet Cole.

Cole was tapping his finger on the steering wheel, probably stressed out. I got in the passenger seat and flashed him a huge grin. "Good morning Cole." He didn't look impressed. "You are late. Again." "I have a valid reason this time!", I yelled. He rolled his eyes. "Sure you do." "Well, you've stayed with me for ten years, you're way too committed to me now", I reminded him. He tried and failed to hide his smile from me. "You are lucky I was prepared for you to be late", he smirked. He continued to drive to the hellhole also known as high school.

While I looked for my science book, I felt a lingering presence behind me. I turned around stared into Will's green eyes. His strong jaw and sharp eyes made him look handsome, while his freckles and dimples made him have a unique and cute look. To put it short, Will Miller was extremely attractive. Yes. I can admit that. And yes, I find some guys attractive. That doesn't make me gay. That's what I tell myself every day. C'mon Brian, think about boobs. Yuh. No wait, that sounds sus. I was spacing out about my sexual identity crisis, totally forgetting Will. He was staring at me like I had just thrown up on his shoes.

"Um, is there anything in there?", he asked, tilting his head. I blinked and stared into his eyes. "What do you want?", I snarked, still annoyed at him. "Just wanted to make sure you remembered the debate club meeting this afternoon." I froze. Oh shit. "Yeah, of course." He rolled his eyes. "I still don't get how an incompetent fool like you became president." I crossed my hands over my chest, asserting my dominance. "Because I have more talent than you. And I'm way nicer, so fuck off!" He rolled his eyes. Again. "What a nice guy you are." I turned around and picked up my book. I was about to walk off when I realized he was still staring at me. Did I have something on my face? I wiped hand over my mouth, biting my lip. His staring was creeping me out, and it made me feel more insecure than I wanted to admit.

"Why are you staring at me?", I frowned. "Just making sure you're not tripping over." I clenched my book closer to my chest. "Aww, so you care about me Will." He actually shut up for a second there. The bell rung and I looked to the side. "Um, okay. Imma go now. Also, I already knew about the meeting. So yeah." I speedwalked past him and looked behind me. When I was out of sight I started walking normally. Suddenly I felt him stand behind me. I jumped.

"We have the same class, you dumbass", he said, shoving me to get to the door. I scowled and decided to push him. I took a deep breath and gave a big push. The good thing is, he fell. The sad thing. I fell too. When I fell, my hands hit the floor between his face. His hands gripped my waist in an attempt to keep himself up. Our legs were tangled together and we were both blushing. Someone wolf whistled, and I really felt like sinking into the earth. 

"Can you two love birds please get off each other so I can start my class?", Mr. Smith sighted. I got up quicker than a burned pig and ran to my seat. The class went on but all I could do was try to kill my mad blushing. How did I end up like this?

Hope you liked it. Please vote:)