Chapter 49, I love you

A/N: I rewrote Chapter 47, but it was deleted for a while, so make sure you've read it for this chapter to make sense

A/N: I rewrote Chapter 47, but it was deleted for a while, so make sure you've read it for this chapter to make sense. I got a lot of complaints about how gruesome the first version was and Wattpad even deleted it. Personally, I wanted to have it be gruesome because this is the real world and these things happen every day. I had warnings up and skip sections, but it wasn't enough and it seems a lot of people were upset with it. For that, I would like to apologize. I forget that not everyone is as immune to these things as I am and thus, the rewritten version of the chapter, I've tried to keep as tame as possible while keeping the same result. The chapter isn't as well written as I would've liked, but it gets the job done for now.

 The chapter isn't as well written as I would've liked, but it gets the job done for now

There are more of them than I thought.

"Go to hell, you bastards!" I yell once my shotgun is reloaded. I jump out from where I am hiding behind a corner and fire at the men. There are six of them, but I only have six rounds and I'm not some perfect shot like Amber so I miss the last guy.

I catch a break when the last one only has a knife on him so I charge. I swing with my shotgun once, knocking the knife out of his hand. Twice, and I knock a couple of his teeth out. With one last kick to the face, he's down for the count.

Out of breath, I scan the hallway I'm in. I seem to have pushed back this wave but there will without a doubt be more bastards coming after me. All I can hope for is that Nessa and those girls make it out safely. I'd gladly put myself in the line of fire if it meant...

"DANIEL! DANIEL HURRY! STOP THEM!" I hear a screeching in my ear.

I wince at the loud noise and cuss under my breath. "Jesus Christ, Owen, easy on the ears! I'm already half deaf from Nessa always yelling at me."

"You have to stop Nessa! She went to go rescue some girl and my sister is with her!"

"Whoa, what happened to all the other girls? And where are they now?" I ask, focussed.

"The other girls are fine, somewhere around here, but I can't lead them out of here until I know my sister is safe! You have to stop Nessa before she gets to that room!"

"What room?"

A pause.

"My sister told Nessa that one of her friends was taken," Owen starts. There's something in his voice I can't quite pin... "I don't have visuals on every room, but... I saw... I saw what was happening to the girl they wanted to rescue. I knew where she was being kept and how many men were there, but I told them I had no clue in hopes they would abandon the girl, but Nessa gave her walky-talky and earpiece to some other girl and ran off and, and my sister is with her!"