Chapter 8, Flowers

A/N: Here's another daily update

A/N: Here's another daily update. Please remember to vote!

 Please remember to vote!

"Got it. I hacked into their recent emails. It seems that Southern Sterling is throwing a party amongst themselves to celebrate their merge," Xavier says as he walks into the living room that's still uninhabitable thanks to all the wedding supplies. 

Nessa and I have been going over which flowers to use for the wedding, but I can see that she's not herself. She's just not as... controlling anymore. She's lost her dramatic touch since worrying over Owen. I've been lacking sleep myself thanks to the possibilities of what's happing to Blake and Owen haunting my nightmares, but for the sake of the gang, I've kept a strong front. It's been another three days since Nessa came back with the news that Owen along with Blake is captured. In those days, I've not only had to keep a brave face amongst my friends but business partners as well. Isabella has had plenty of lesser gangs and illegal companies visit her since my wedding with Xavier was announced.

"A party ye say? That's the perfect time for me to infiltrate and find out where their keepin' mah Man Candy," Nessa says - suddenly full of life again and completely ignoring my flower suggestions.

I can't blame her, I forget about it as well. "Won't it be too dangerous?" I ask my fiance.

"It's this weekend so we have plenty of time to plan. Unfortunately, I cannot risk Amber or I attending something like that - even while disguised. If Nessa wants to go, that's her choice. And we will help where we can in the shadows," Xavier says.

"Oh, I'm goin'. Let me go check on mah poisons and I'll come up with a plan to present to ye," Nessa says before she disappears to the basement - leaving me to figure out flower choices on my own.

With the rest of the gang out to sneak in supplies into the house, it's just Xavier and me. "I see what you've been doing," Xavier says as he walks up to me amongst the piles of boxes and dresses.

"Oh really? Because since Nessa's been unavailable, I've had to figure out most of this wedding by myself. I know what food could work, the cake is death by chocolate with a local baker handling the detailed frosting I sketched for him. But the flowers I still have no idea about. I've been reading flower meanings in my spare time and I don't want to pick one just because it's pretty. Then again, I don't want to put so much damn effort into a simple flower," I rant.