Chapter 10, Retrieve and leave

A/N: Yes, this is a new chapter :)

As soon as I hear Daniel tell Xavier over the walky-talky system where to find Blake and Owen, I turn on my own device to speak to my fiance

"How long will it take you to get there?" I ask Xavier.

"Ryan and Bryan just sent me a route that'll have the least amount of cars on. We need to avoid any southern lookouts. It's a ten-minute drive so I'm guessing it'll take me two minutes to get there," Xavier answers. I can hear the engine of his car roaring as he makes his way to Blake and Owen.

"Just be safe," I tell him, "I'm getting ready to leave as well."

"You better meet me at Isabella's in one piece, Marigold," Xavier says. I can hear the smirk in his voice. "I promise you that I'll bring Blake and Owen back."

I smile at his words before hearing him cut off. I'm about to cut off as well, but then realize that Daniel still has his mic on. And the voice I hear sends a chill down my spine...

"What were you two doing in here?" I hear Jane ask.

Oh no... Have they been caught? There's no way I can rush in there to help Nessa and Daniel... Everyone in that ballroom would recognize and then stop me... But I can't leave my friends to chance either... I have no choice. I'll have to go in there and take down every last person. There's no way I'm allowing anyone to take any more of my friends away from me. I'm done seeing the people closest to me get hurt. 

Drenched in panic, I aim to get out of the limo, but a voice over the walky-talky gets me to stop.

"Amber, wait," Ryan says.

Almost enraged, I grab my walky-talky. "How can you expect me to wait? You heard that voice! Jane has Nessa and Daniel caught! I have to go help!" Seriously, what are the twins thinking? If anyone thinks I'm going to just sit here while my friends are captured, they're insane.

"Amber, please. If you step foot in there, you'll get gunned down for sure. You're our leader along with Xavier. We can't afford to lose you," Bryan adds.