Chapter 38, Leave the grown-ups be

"Get in," my current captor growls before throwing me into the room we just got to

I tumble and fall and hurt my jaw on the hard concrete floor. Scared about losing a tooth, I feel at my mouth, but other than a bit of blood I seem to be fine. My captor closes the door and I hear a lock before he walks off again, leaving me inside. Finally able to relax for a moment, I whimper when I notice I injured my shoulder as well. Thought that could've been from something else too.

"Oh my God..." I hear someone whisper.

"She's so young..." Another says.

I look up and finally notice my surroundings. I'm in a fairly large room with high ceilings and plumbing crossing above. There are a few stray crates but other than that, the room seems to be reasonably empty. Save for the two dozen girls in here with me. Everyone is staring at me. Some move on and continue their nap on the cold floor, others start whispering amongst themselves. One girl starts puking in the corner and I don't even notice the smell since I've smelled nothing but rot the moment I was captured.

Everyone here looks so... defeated. Worn out and tired. Like me, all the girls seem to be dressed in the clothes they were captured with. I can already tell by the torn clothes and sticky skin that again like me, nobody here has had a bath the last month. Unless you count that one time I was hosed at my previous location.

Knowing this place will be the same as the other rooms I've been in, I crawl over to the nearest wall and get comfortable on the cold floor.

"Hey, how old are you?" a girl asks. I look over and a brunette girl has made her way over to me. Her nose has clearly been broken and mascara had run down her face.

Don't get to know her, I tell myself. It'll only hurt more when you separate.

I still wonder what happened to my last friend...

Tears make their way to my eyes because deep down I know what happened to the last girl I became friends with. "Don't talk to me," I tell the brunette girl.

"Hey, no need to be rude," another girl says. This time, a blonde girl shuffles her way over to us. Her glasses are cracked and her hair looks like someone just pulled it, but she seems better off than the brunette.