Chapter 2, Promises

A/N: Remember to vote!!!

I have resorted to having earphones on at all times and have the volume at full blast

I have resorted to having earphones on at all times and have the volume at full blast. It has given me a killed headache at this point, but I refuse, absolutely refuse, to hear the sound of wheels. 

I've been in Blake's house for two months now. It's close enough to the local hospital so I can head out there for check ups and medicine. It is also, a very large and empty bleak house with nobody to keep me company. Blake can't afford any servants anymore and Jane had taken all my money, so not even an occasional maid or butler can entertain me.

It's just Owen and his wheels.

And the deafening earphones of course.

I push off and start wheeling myself to the kitchen. Staring at the off TV has become boring. I guess I should be grateful for being a boxer. It has given me strong arms so at least I don't get muscle pains for pushing myself around all day.

I wheel over to the giant fridge and stare up at it. Since sitting is my always, my perspective has changed.

No, it literally changed. Everything looks down at me. I feel small. Small and insignificant and useless. I even told Blake that I don't want anybody visiting me. I don't want Amber or the twins or who the fuck else is left to see me as someone I don't want to be. Someone I fear to be.

I've been trying though. I've been trying so hard to walk, but... I just can't. It's the most frustrating thing in the world to remember walking, remember how, but not being able to do it now, no matter how hard you try.

I reach out with my hand to the fridge, but it's a bit of a stretch so I grit my teeth to get a hold on the handle and open the door. Blake's house is pretty dark so the light in the fridge illuminates me as I look for food.

There's tons. Tons of food to choose from, but... But I suddenly lost my appetite.

Frustrated, I close the fridge door and push myself to the living room again. I need to pee. I know I need to pee, I can feel it, but I can't do anything about it without the help of some equipment that's on the dining table.