72.] Burt x Reader - ❝I- Well- It's- I-I got you this.❞

[Should I do Dave after my next request?// Art by Unknown, if you know who the artist is pls let me know]

TAKES PLACE AFTER TOPPAT KING

(Burt gives Y/N some cookies, but is seriously struggling because of his crush on them. Fluffy and Comedic, 1st POV for Burt. Hope you enjoy!)

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

   Life goes on in the Toppat Clan, despite our previous leader; Reginald Copperbottom, resigning and making Henry Stickmin, some newbie the leader. And not to mention that RHM resigned as well and gave Ellie Rose his position. I think she's cute, but I know someone who's cuter.

   I have to admit though, he made a good choice. So far, Stickmin's calculations and heists have been pretty good and almost downright miraculous, it's pretty strange how intelligent and powerful he is.

   Earth has been in panic ever since we launched the Orbital Space Base, and how we got a new leader and a right hand, they've been trying to send attack missiles and offensive rocket ships, but all of them get blasted down by our defense system... And I notify them. Impressive, yeah?

   Y/N L/N told me themself. And that was months ago, even though it felt like weeks ago. For some reason, that compliment just won't get out of my head. Especially them.

   Y/N L/N... I don't know why, but ever since Stickmin and Rose became the new high-ranks, I've began to warm up to them, and feel strange, mini, warm heart-attacks whenever I'm near them...

   I assumed I was sick, but... I don't think it's that kind of sick. I even consulted one of the Toppat therapists, Makuto Taruki. (For some reason, something about him just doesn't feel right.) And all he did was laugh and give me some cookies to give them. And told me my impressive memorization of their favorite things was a sign. No wonder he has 3 out of 5 stars Toppat Yalp.

   But you know what? A guy's gotta know how to be brave, and that guy is me. So I asked Y/N to meet me at the Orion Lounge.

   I have no idea, but at the time, I felt like I was about to confess to them for some reason.

   Once I arrived at the Orion Lounge, I waited for her to arrive. I don't know why, but my face feels beet red, my chest is so damn tight, and I can't stop playing with the pencil with a logo that said "Sunday Morning Ultra Relaxation" in my right hand. What the hell is even happening to me?!

  "Y/N is just a friend, Curtis..." I told myself, putting the bag of cookies I held in my left hand on one of the tables and slapped my right hand down with my left. "No need to freak out like that."

  "...I'm normally the most controlled out of all the communicators, but for some reason, I just feel strange and out of it whenever I think of them..." I mean, Y/N is the hottest, cutest lady/guy/person I've ever seen, but... No.

  "Dammit. I do like them." I cursed out loud, completely thankful that I was alo-

  "You like who?"

  SHIT! F*CK! DAMMIT! I WAS CAUGHT AT THE WORSE MOMENT!

  "I-Well-It's-I-I got you this, Y-Y/N!" I stumbled over my words like at my first day at Middle School. Ugh, this is so not cool...

  "Oh," They picked up the cookie bag and smiled at me. "How did you know? These were my favorite! And they're cooked just how I like them!" They smiled brightly, their face practically enveloping me in a holy light.

  "U-u--uh yeah, you told me before," I stuttered, trying to keep as much eye contact as I could. "H-h-happy you like them, Wanna see me in the cafeteria under that a-a-artificial cherry blossom tree? C-cool with that?! Cool! S-see you there after my w-work!"

   And then I dashed off like a middle-school wimp running away from a gang made of elementary kids.

   But hey, they said yes.

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

671 words, hope you enjoyed!