18.] Right Hand Man x Reader - ❝Just read! Stop staring!❞

[Feel free to listen... It's one of my favorite songs.]

TAKES PLACE AFTER TOPPAT RECRUIT + SMALL CYBORG RHM AU

Requested by @Nackfanatic tysm :>

(RHM's 1st person POV :) This one is a small, fluffy ██████ {censored for spoilers} date... This will be very calm, not a lot of comedy though. BTW, He's old, you're old. Hope you enjoy!)

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

   To be honest, I thought the days after when Henry n' Ellie joined would've increased tenfold in chaos.

   But surprisingly, I was actually wrong! In fact, these days have been rather quiet, except for a major raid I MVP'ed in. Thanks to that, I was able to score an entire week off! Now, that doesn't happen everyday, don't it?

   When Y/N heard I got'n entire week off, they were of course, overjoyed. So, we agreed on having a mystery date on Wednesday. This date'll be up to them.

   Hopefully, we won't be going to the amusement park or any where too loud. This week, I want to lay low. Which thankfully, Y/N took into account.

   Today's the day and time where the date begins, and I currently was just waiting in my car.

   I heard my phone-a-majig buzz, so I turned it on and looked at the messages. (Fortunately, only took a minute! Last time, it took me an hour.) Seems like Y/N's sent me a message.

Y/N (Name spelt wrong): Hey sweety! I'm at the mystery date location... Here's the address: FAKE-ADDRESS-JIUY&T^U%

   I smiled. Ain't that cute?

Me: Thank you, love. I'll see you there. ❤️

   Once I sent the message, I turned my phone-a-majig and revved up the car.
Time for a small, calming ride downtown.

   To be completely honest, I'm not much of a "calm; tranquil forest" kinda guy. I'm more of "gunslinger tournament" man. But... Ever since Y/N and I got together, They've been slowly pushing me towards the enjoyable genre of happiness that is being... "Calm."

   Being a cyborg has it's own pros and cons, y'know. Just like if you spoil a child too much they will become dependent off of you, or if you some kind of all-seeing being, surprises are something you would never encounter. Heh, I sound like an old man, don't I? Looks my age is catching up to me...

   As I was saying though, cyborgs have their goods and bads... My specialties is being able to instantly devise a plan under pressure, and being able to handle guns like a trained professional... But my flaws are to no longer feel guilt after killing a person, and a somewhat constant "need for speed..." Quite weird, if you'd ask me.

   But... Y/N's been helpin' me through, and I have to say; I'm really thankful they're there for me, an old man.

   Oh, looks like I'm here. Enough blabberin', time to see my lovely.

   I got out of the car to see Y/N standing by the entrance of a community library, they were looking up at the sky, and they seemed to be thinking about somethin'.

   It's strange... But it's cute in a way.

  "Oy, Y/N." I called out to them nonchalantly, making them look over with a smile on their face.

   Looks like they already knew I was here. My car must've made that obvious... Oh well.

  "Righty," They said energetically. "Oh, I've always wanted to bring you here!"

  I cocked my head to the side curiously. "So, what is this place, love?"

  "It's the library, you dumby," Y/N said jokingly, gesturing towards the entrance. "Since I heard you recently went to a huge raid with the Toppat Clan, I thought that you'd like to have some quiet time." After they finished talking, they leaned in on my side and pecked my cheek. Now that made my heart thump.

  They can read me well, can't they? They're a strange one, that's for sure. "Yeah, this place looks peaceful... Much more peaceful than the Toppat Library."

   As much as I'd like to talk Y/N's ear off about how annoying the Toppats are and how hot they are, I don't wanna waste too much time outside. I wanna hang out wit' them, after all.

  "Ah yes, I've heard all of those Toppats before, they really are quite reckless, aren't they," They commented, opening the door to the library.

"But today, you won't have to deal with them, right? Today, it's just you, me, and the library. Now, you first."

【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】

   I don't read books often. Trust me, I don't. So reading a book in what might've been four months prior from when I did read one might've been hard for me... But, I'm a cyborg, so things are quite easier.

   I picked out a book from the uhh... medieval section or somethin'. Do I really have to tell you the exact book?! All I remember is that it was very serious.

   Y/N picked out a book that was from the 'Japanese Genre'. They were reading the book backwards but I'm pretty sure that's how all those books in the genre are read... Right?

   As I was reading, I couldn't help but glance at Y/N for a few moments before returning to my book. But the more I glanced at them, I couldn't really take my eyes off of them. They were rather charming...

   Then, they caught me. Dammit, here I was, thinking I was all sneaky...

  "Just read! Stop staring!" They whisper-shouted playfully, amusement and embarrassment settling within their eyes.

  I laughed loudly, unaware of my surroundings. "Ah, calm down, love. I was just looking at you for a bi-"

   Suddenly, I heard the librarian angrily silenced me, which currently startled me. I quickly apol'gized to the librarian, while Y/N slowed me down... Jeez, the 'need for speed' is showing. At least they're here.

  I looked at Y/N and laughed slightly. "Sorry about that, love..." I said nervously. "Sometimes, I get a bit rowdy in places like this..."

  They laughed back at me. "Oh calm down, you had a great time, didn't you?" They asked, their face lightening up as we exited the library.

  "You can be cute sometimes, y'know?"

  "Oh, stop it! Now c'mon, let's head home. Just the two of us."

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

1048 words! Hope you enjoyed! And sorry if updates have been less frequent, things in my life have become very stressful.