9.] Charles x Child!Reader - ❝Math shmath. Let's fly!❞

[I know it doesn't match too well, but I hope you enjoy.^^]

TAKES PLACE 2 YEARS AFTER CtM

Requested by @GFfangirl tysm :)

(Reader's POV! Fluffy, but might be a little sad. This one might be the more shorter oneshots because of a chapter I'm making for a serious book, and a special chapter for this book... You'll have to wait though!! Anyways, hope you enjoy!)

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

Two years ago to be exact... That's when Charles and I met.

I can't believe it to be honest. It's so crazy to think I was part of the Toppats back then. Honestly, I felt like all of those gang members were just wanting to be tough and intimidating, but now they were in jail.

Heh, talk about sad!

I did the right thing to join the government with Charlie, after all, he's a much better Dad than what my old Pops was like.

Wanna know what's the worst part of joining the government though?

The extra math homework.

"Aghhh!" I groaned angrily, squeezing my pencil. Just why the hell did they have to give me this to ''manage my home-schooling?''

Charles walked into my room with a worried face. At least I think so, since I was looking at the god-forbidden extra homework. "You still stuck on Question 7?" He asked.

I groaned and nodded. "No matter what, I still get an answer that isn't on the multiple choices..."

"Really? Let me see." He walked over to my desk and took a look at the horrendous homework. "9*a*63/(8/6)-b*(a/4)... a= 8, b= 123... Looks hard." (If you, Reader, can do this problem without using a calculator, congrats! You get nothing.)

"I keep getting 2,172, but there's no 2,172! Just what is this?!" I said angrily with my hand suffocating the pencil it was holding.

Charlie stopped for a moment to think, adjusting his worn, red headphones as he looked at my room's ceiling. Whenever he does that, I get a strange feeling that he wants to fly the copter...

"Well kiddo, Charles has got a plan!" He said heroically, looking back at me with a big smile. "Let's ditch the homework!"

Wait, no way am I doing that. Isn't this given to me from the literal General? "Wait, wait, wait. Isn't that bad? This is government assigned!"

Charles laughed and pet my head roughly. "Math shmath. Let's fly!"

I wanted to say no, but I really didn't want to continue this tortuous homework... So I let my happiness get the better of me. "...Fine! But I'm blaming this on you, Charlie!"

"Really?! Oh, this it'll be the best kid! I'll bring you to all sorts of places... Like VVeendie's!" He chirped enthusiastically, hugging me tight. "Now get your shoes, let's go while the sun's still high!"

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

I strapped myself in next to Charlie and put on my own headset, which was bright orange. Whenever Charlie and I fly, it always calms us down, or hypes us up. Either way, it makes us feel good. Hopefully this'll make me feel better.

"So, VVeendie's right?" I asked him as he strapped himself and pushed a few buttons.

He nodded and smiled with a determined look on his face. "Yep! And don't worry, no ''Bold Action Moves'' this time."

"Alright..." I said nervously. Soon, the engine for the copter turned on.

And then we were in the sky, flying happily with no care in the world.

There were so many pretty buildings below us, and so many people too. Some people were jogging and exercising, and some were just having fun!

A few that stood out to me the most was a small family, where a masculine-like person was playing with a small child. It reminded me of... Me and Charles.

"Y'know (Y/N)," I looked over at Charles surprised. Jeez, he scared me. "When I saw you at the Toppat base, I was shocked really. I never thought I'd see a lost child there."

Oh... Yeah. I umm... lied to him that I was a lost child. I never thought he'd believe me, but he did. Now I'm here. I have so many things I wanted to tell him, but I just couldn't at the moment.

"When we took you in, I just thought we'd take you to an adoption center and that would be the end, but Henry suggested that I take care of you... And I couldn't say no." He talked so nostalgically that it was kind of making up tear up. Jeez, math homework to this...?

"And now I'm here... Being your caretaker for two whole years," He said. "And now I think of you as my own child. Is that... Okay with you?" I smiled at him while the turbulence of the helicopter began to intensify. But who cares about turbulence right now?

"Sure!" I said brightly.

Charles smiled back "Thanks, kiddo! Oh, we're here!" Soon, the helicopter landed safely and the two of us jumped out to run to VVeendie's, which was only a few blocks away.

This helicopter trip was the best.

I hope you enjoyed this small letter, this took place about... 19 years ago. I barely have any more space to write, but I'll try to squeeze in these last words. I'll be seeing you at his funeral tomorrow. May he rest in peace.

"By the way, did you know that the homework was optional?"

"Wait, what?"

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

912 words. Hope you enjoyed!