38.] Henry x Ellie - ❝Wait, so you meant WINGMAN and not WINGman?❞

[Art by Phil E. on Tumblr/Twitter, Feel free to listen to the music (^^) ^]

TAKES PLACE A YEAR AFTER TRIPLE THREAT

Requested by @Cheeeewiz , tysm :>

(Henry and Ellie go on a fun, romantic trip to the pastry cafe as a break from their jobs in the government. Henry is still a little nervous, so he calls for Charles to be his 'wingman'... Charles didn't get the message too well. 3rd POV, Fluffy and also comedic. Henry and Ellie are together. Hope you enjoy!)

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

   Even if the two have been together for more than four months now, he still felt a strange burn within his heart whenever he'd be near Ellie. It's just... very strange. But it also felt nice.

   Henry was an ex-thief, ex-prisoner, who had his record cleaned when he had joined the government and became one of their agents. Ellie, his girlfriend, is the same.

   The two were going on a small date together, more or less one that could help them catch a breather from their intense missions with Charles and other Pilots. One mission required them to assassinate three targets while wearing a strange, hooded outfit, while another required them to spy on a group of ragtag Toppats, known as Team NEO-Topplasma. It was an odd name, for sure.

   But as the narrator, I'm getting off-topic. These two were heading off to a nearby cafe for a date, but Henry was still nervous... So he called in his best friend Charles to be his wingman. Hopefully, he knows how to do this...

  "Testing, testing..." Charles whispered as quietly as he could in his ear-mic. "Henry, you there?"

  "Yeah," Henry whispered back. "We're on our way to the cafe on a taxi."

   Charles looked out from his helicopter from above the clouds to take a close look at the city the taxi was currently driving in. It was far, but Charles managed to catch a taxi amidst all the other cars.

  "Alright I see you, what are you guys doing right now? Hugging? Making out?" Charles asked eagerly as he flew through the area to make himself look like he was patrolling.

    "We're just holding hands. Nothing much... Ellie's just looking out the window." Henry responded quietly as he looked out the window.

  "Henry?" Ellie looked back at Henry, her face tinted pink.

    Henry turned off his ear-mic and locked eye contact with her. "Is there something wrong, dear?" He asked, smiling.

  "Well, uh... We're not married yet, so I was wondering if you're okay with holding hands on this date," She asked, itching her cheek nervously with her finger. "'Cause I think it's kinda lewd..."

  "Huh? What's happenin', Henry?" Charles asked as soon as the ear-mic turned back on.

  "HGHKJLJHKIJLKJKHY-"

  "O-kay, she's being cute. Have some fun, let me know when the two of you arrive in the cafe." *click*

   Henry keeping his cool around Ellie and not freaking out over here is like asking Kingdom Hearts to not be confusing... AKA, it's near-impossible for him to do so. Luckily, nothing too intense is happening.

  "Now that I think about it, It's been a while since the two of us kissed, huh? Just like how it's been a while since you've stolen something big..." Ellie commented, looking up at Henry.

  "Y-yeah! I-i-it has been! A-anyways, we're about to get to the cafe!"

═══════ ೋღ ✧˖*°࿐ ღೋ ═══════

   Henry looked across from the table at the calm red-head, who seemed to be enjoying the meal that she had ordered. To be honest, he was completely tongue-tied. He doesn't get it however, he's told her that he has loved her before countless times, so why is he freaking out?

  "We've ordered our meals now..." Henry whispered into his ear-mic as he stared at Ellie, who was happily eating a slice of Forêt Noire. "I'm kind of a lost at words here, you got any advice?"

  "Dating advice? Henry, I'm your WINGman. Not your WINGMAN, I'm just here to observe and to blow up any threats to your date." Charles exclaimed.

   At that moment, Henry almost facepalmed. Does Charles even know what wingman means?

  "Charles... Being a wingman is to help a fellow man out in dating. Not observing!" He whisper-shouted, scolding Charles.

  "Wait, so you meant WINGMAN and not WINGman?"

  "Of course I did, you fool!"

  "Okay, I'll land to observe you guys more closely in just a sec-"

  "Charles, No!!" *click*

   Ellie looked up at Henry with a shocked expression. She was... surprised at his sudden shouting. Her eyes begged the question; ''Is something wrong?''

  Henry paused for a moment. Mind as well confess. "Hahh, sorry, Ellie. I'm just... really nervous," He explained. "I called Charles to be my wingman, and it all just... Fell out of proportion, thanks to me. I'm sorry I ruined this date..." He looked at his untouched croissant with guilt, his eyes saddened.

  Ellie smiled and  laughed for a small moment before giving Henry a forgiving smile. "There's no need to apologize, Hen," Ellie said. "It's okay to be nervous. To be honest, I was really doubtful on our first date because of my past issues, but... I grew out of it over time, so will you."

  "Really...?"

  "Of course, Hen. We're all nervous, but I know over time that we will begin to relax with each other," She explained. "How about we hang out over at my room, today? To relax."

   Henry smiled at her. "Thanks, Ell,"

  "But since we're getting to relax between each other, that means I can sleep with you today. Alright?"

  "W-what?! Now, that's too lewd! How come you can just turn the tables on me and make me the flustered-- Wait, why do I hear turbulence and fanfare?"

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

974 words, hope you enjoyed! You decide whether or not Charles actually crashed into the cafe lol ଘ(੭ ᐛ )━☆゚.*・。゚