80.] Henry x Short!Reader - ❝Of course it is.❞

[It's pretty obvious I headcanon Henry to be a bit toned after his journeys as a thief. Also his jacket's pretty baggy. Oneshot inspired by the picture above^]

TAKES PLACE AFTER FREE MAN

(While he's walking Y/N to their workplace, he notices that they keep shivering. What does he do? 1st POV for Reader, Fluffy as snow. Hope you enjoy!)

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

   Another peaceful day of work ahead for me! Not only that, but my insufferable yet wonderful boyfriend is walking me there! I really appreciate it, but I kinda look like his adopted niece being brought to high school...

   I mean, I don't blame the passerbys giving us weird glares. I've always been quite small and petite ever since I was young. I never really hated it or loved it though... But I do get a little mad when weird people come up to me when I'm alone asking if I want a break from high school and a fun time together. Ugh, talk about annoying.

   Oh, but I shouldn't talk about myself so much. My boyfriend, Henry Stickmin, (he goes by Anthony Belhumeur in public) and he's the kindest man I've ever met. He's got a diabolical and dubious past, but... I really do love him. For all that he's done for me. He may have been a bit dumb in the past, but he's certainly learned from it. Seriously, he has. I mean, he's just so smart and... I-I'll stop there.

   Anyways, he's walking me to work today, (which he usually doesn't do because of his work) and I can't help but smile... and try my best to endure the cold winds and snow I'm walking through.

   Where Henry and I live, it snows. And it gets really cold when it snows, even when the sun's fully out. What's worse is that my uniform doesn't change throughout the seasons, and my manager's really strict about it too...

Your Uniform (Yes Ik it's Tom Nook's Convenience Store Uniform but who cares)

   I like the uniform, but I really wish my manager wasn't so strict about it! I mean, it's just a uniform!

   Well anyways, Henry and I continued through the snow despite it being so freezing that I'd turn into a human popsicle if this were a cartoon, but then we stopped for some reason. I looked up at him, my arms shivering as they hugged my body.

  "Wh-what's w-wrong? Did you f-forget something back at h-home?" I asked him, my teeth chattering like crazy.

  "No, it's just that you look like your freezing," He told me calmly, taking his hands out of his hoodie and facing me. "I know a cold person when I see one, especially when it's you."

  Ah, that reminds me of the time he went to The Wall. From what I remember, he was kidnapped. I mean he's done some bad things but still... "Y-yeah, kinda. B-but not s-super cold, I d-don't need any h-help..." I responded modestly. I just didn't want to bring up any bad memories for him...

  He place a warm hand on my shoulder which caught my attention. Before I knew it, he handed me his baggy hoodie and smiled softly. "You're going to get sick if you don't cover up, so take my hoodie. I can always get it back from you after work."

  I blushed a little at his kindness, but I felt kind of selfish. Is it really okay for me to take something that's practically been with him his entire life for heat only? "Are you sure? I mean, you've always worn your hoodie..."

  He nodded. "Of course it is, I trust you after all. Even if you lose it, I can always buy a new one with some of your moolah."

  "I understand! I'll take good care of your hoodie!" I quickly put his hoodie on, and was amazed at how soft and warming it was. And how big it was. Maybe the warmth is from him?

  He laughed at me. Maybe he was joking? Then again, he loves money. Almost as much as me, according to him. "Kidding! Kidding. I only would ask one thing of you if you lose it."

  I cocked my head to the side. "What would that be? I'm willing to pay any price if I lose it!"

  "You... cook for me for a week. I've done all the cooking, so it would be obvious for you to do it for at least a week."

  "Sure, if it means paying you back! Now, I've got to get to work before the manager scolds me! I love you, bye!"

  "Love you too, more than anything... See you later."

   That day, I enjoyed my work to the fullest! But all my coworkers (and customers if you work in retail) gave me weird looks, but I really enjoyed his hoodie, and I'm thankful for my boyfriend's kindness!

   Now, how to pay him back even though I didn't lose his hoodie...

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

847 words, hope you enjoyed!