20.] Henry x Tired!Reader - ❝Get some sleep, Y/N.❞

[Aww, I can't believe I haven't made a x reader with Henry yet! Man, I need to expand my horizons. Also, feel free to listen!]

TAKES PLACE A YEAR AFTER PARDONED PALS

Requested by @KelseyPrincessOfSamo , tysm :>

(Reader's 2nd POV :) You both are a couple! Henry's the tall one lol
This one I have a small, silly prompt for, and it might be a bit short. Fluffity fluffy fluff, basically. Hope you enjoy!)

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

12:23 AM

   You sigh and throw your head wearily onto your desk, frustrated by all the paperwork you have to finish.

   You were a semi-average financial associate who worked for a 'Hawaiian yet National' company known as Alohalive, which had many, many female idols as much as it had financial situations.

   The company is a very reasonable and calm one, and the CEO is extremely kind, but this job was not what you were looking for. You were hoping to get your dream job, which was D/J.
(You know what it stands for!)

   After lifting your head, holding onto a string of hope, and finishing one sheet of paper, you moved onto the next, which seemed even more difficult and lengthier than the one before! You slam your head back onto the desk, vexed.

   Oh, what lengths you would go and have a date with your boyfriend and forget all about this, but unfortunately, you couldn't just abandon this irritating paperwork. You sighed and told yourself mentally that it was simply the way of life.

   You felt your eyelids begin to flutter the more time you spent with your head laid against the desk. Because of all this paperwork your superior has given you, you've hardly been able to sleep for more than an hour. Your boyfriend has been nagging you about this, but work is important.

   But surely a few minutes of rest wouldn't matter, right? You've gone through 20 back-to-back papers now, and only three are left... Just 10 minutes will do...

   Soon, your eyelids shut, and you were asleep... Only for 10 minutes, hopefully...

.

..

...

....

.....

.................................................

  "Ah, she's...!" You heard a familiar voice blurt out. Groggily, you slowly opened your eyes, sleepiness tugging at them to close.

   You looked up to see none other than your boyfriend, Henry himself carrying you bridal style. The two of you were still in your small room, and it seemed like he had just arrived home. He smiled back at you. Your face grew a small shade of pink.

  "I knew that wishing bone would come in handy~." He said calmly, yet somewhat out of context.

  "Wishing bone...?" You asked him, rubbing your eyes. "What do you mean by that...?"

  "Well, you know my warped luck and I, I had to get away from work quickly, and then this appeared my hand out of nowhere. So I just wished on it and waited for a moment... And now I'm here." He explained, slowly putting you down on your feet.

   You had to admit, Henry's luck isn't just weird, it's straight up miraculous and peculiar to the point that it reminds you of a video game. But being honest... You were alright with your boyfriend having strange luck. That flaw just made you love him more.

   But while you were thinking about his luck as you listened to him blabber on about his troubles and recent gossip at work, (such as his colleague; Ellie having a girlfriend, but it's been confirmed a month ago.) you couldn't help but feel a little drained, even after that small nap.

   You looked at the electronic, numbered clock set by your desk and read the time...

1:33 PM

   Almost instantaneously, panic seeped into your eyes. That nap was more than an HOUR!

   You jumped quickly back into your desk, Henry watching in confusion and curiosity.

  "Hey, uh, why don't you lay off of the paperwork for now? After all, you fell asleep on your desk while doing it." Henry claimed with a concerned tone, as he watched you immediately start writing on the paper in front of you.

  "Can't; I have to do this today or I'll get a pay cut!" You exclaimed back at him, biting your right thumb's (nonexistant) nail as you looked at the paper.

   For a small, yet long moment, there was silence and a few footsteps leaving you, almost as if your boyfriend had given up on you and left. You were too busy with the paper, so you couldn't even glance back. But if he did leave... Well, that would be rather discouraging.

   Abruptly, you suddenly were picked up once again, this time it was all a blur. Next thing you knew, you were lying in your bed, while Henry was looking down at you. Just what conclusion did he choose...?!

  "Sorry babe, but you really need to take a break." He said as he put the blankets on you while you were still shocked.

  "Just what the hell are you...?!" He leaned down and gave you a kiss on the forehead, making you flinch flustered for a moment.

  "Putting you to sleep, obviously." He said, going inside the blankets next to you. Your face grew beat red.

  "By sleeping next to me without your pajamas?" You said, shocked but tired. "I mean-- it does calm me that you're there but-"

  "Have you seen those dark circles," He said calmly to you before hugging you, making you feel even more sleepier. "Get some sleep, Y/N. I'll wake you up for dinner."

  "But I still have to.. *yawn*, okay, I guess a little nap won't hurt..."

  "Seriously, you shouldn't put your work and me over your sleep... Now, I'll see you at dinner..."

  ✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

975 words! Hope you enjoyed! Moral of the story, your mental health matters more than math homework (๑・ω-)~♥ If you're healthy, you should do your homework.

Also this v