Chapter 3

And then I left. It was closer to late afternoon, and with a side glance, I went into the robe shop. Madam Malkin was very thorough and at the end of the day I would have a new wardrobe. Seeing as I didn't want to wait in the store, I went and collected myself a trunk with several rooms, making sure I had a kitchenette, bathroom complete with shower, a bedroom, and a small greenhouse (I wanted to grow my own potion ingredients if I could). Then I went to Flourish and Blotts and purchased several books on wizarding culture, magic, and potions. I would wait to get my schoolbooks for when I got my letter. I then made my way toward Knockturn Alley. I needed a wand, and one without a trace.

I walked confidently for a few minutes before seeing a shop called Elaine's Wandmaking Emporium. Feeling like I should enter, I stepped inside. I looked around and noticed an elder woman behind the counter, watching me with intrigued eyes.

She gave me a sly smile and said, "Well, never would I have thought that the savior of the wizarding world would be seen in Knockturn Alley."

I shrugged and said, "I am here for a wand. I require one without a trace."

She gave me a sharp, calculating look and said, "And you need this because...?"

I gave her a withering glare back and said, "My reasons are my own. I am, however, willing to pay whatever you need for it to be done and done today."

Her shrewd eyes took me in for a few more moments before she gave me a genuine smile, "Aye. It shall be done. Come here, child."

I stepped closer to her, and she brought out several things. She saw me looking and said, "You will put your hand over each object through its classification until you no longer feel a connection to anything. Then, you will label the strongest connection to the smallest one. We will go over woods first."

Like I had one with my heirship rings, I closed my eyes and put my hands over the different types of wood. Blackthorn was first, followed by beech and then pine. I the hovered over the cores and I could tell the wandmaker thought it was very interesting. Horned Serpent Horn was first, Thestral hair, and lastly a black Phoenix feather.

The lady hummed and said, "I shall have this done in two hours. Come back then, little one."

I nodded and left. I returned to Madame Malkin's shop and picked up my new wardrobe, putting it in the trunk I had recently bought. I then went outside and decided that I needed to eat.

I was just finishing up when I heard, "But father, why can't I have a broom?"

I looked up and saw that it was none other than Draco Malfoy. Without the intense hatred from before, I watched them. It was interesting. He looked adorable when he wasn't being a prat. I was still a bit unsure what house I was going into this time around. If I picked Gryffindor again, then I felt like I would be right back where I started. If I picked Slytherin, then I would probably get murdered in my sleep. I wasn't too into schoolwork, so that only left me with Hufflepuff.

Thinking it over, I realized that I honestly wouldn't mind being a badger. They were loyal, kind, and I just knew that they wouldn't rat me out. It would also appease the light faction so they wouldn't look too far into my life. It would make the dark faction underestimate me as well. With this thought, I was happy.

I finished my meal, and wandered the alley for a bit, and realized that I should probably buy some food for my kitchen. No more missing meals. I did that quickly and then hurried to get to my wandmaker.

I arrived and she looked both tired and proud. She looked at me and said, "Young miss. I have never found a more challenging wand to make. It was a pleasure."

I gently took the wand from her hand and I felt my magic sing

I gently took the wand from her hand and I felt my magic sing. I could instantly tell that this wand would be the only one for me. It didn't matter about the wand I would get from Ollivander. I knew one would pick me and that it would work, but this wand was MADE for me.

I beamed at her and said, "You're quite welcome. I require a holster wand kit as well."

She nodded and said, "That will be 50 galleons."

I noticed that she seemed to be waiting for something. I just shrugged and said, "Of course, ma'am."

I slipped another 50 galleons in there and left before she could count it all. I smiled the whole way home.