Chapter 6

I left Gringotts and made my way back to Madam Malkin's robe shop once more. She looked over at me and said, "Back for more, little one?"

I thanked my lucky stars that she could not see my scar. Ever since I got rid of all my potions and compulsions, I looked different. Gone was my black, unruly hair, to be replaced with my mother's fiery red. My face was sharper, although it did keep its heart shape, and my skin now had a smattering of freckles. I no longer wore glasses, seeing as the goblins took care of that. I felt and looked different. It was great.

I smiled at her and said, "Yes ma'am. I got my letter so I would like some school robes please, of your finest quality."

She nodded and said, "I'll just take your measurements right quick and you can pick them up in a few hours."

After she took my measurements I left and went to Flourish and Blotts where I got my schoolbooks. I then headed toward the Apothecary and got a new potion's kit as well as different potion ingredients, and then to Potage's Cauldron Shop for both a school cauldron and several other cauldrons that I would need later for making potions. I knew that Snape had his stores, but I thought it would be nice to be prepared, as well as to have my own stores and ways to make my own potions. I then went to Scribbulus Writing Instruments and got my ink, quills, and parchment. I lastly headed towards Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment for my gloves and other such equipment that was on the list.

 I lastly headed towards Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment for my gloves and other such equipment that was on the list

Making sure that I had most of my other supplies, I headed toward Ollivander's. This time around, I was more sure of myself, and it came as a surprise, but the holly wand I had before no longer worked. It could be due to me not housing his soul anymore, but we eventually found a wand that would work well for me. It was Alder and Beech, with a phoenix feather core, 10 ¾ in, and rigid. It would serve me well while in school.

After making sure I had another holster for this wand and a cleaning kit, I went to Eeylops Owl Emporium. I missed Hedwig. I opened the door, and immediately saw her. She hooted in joy and flew over to land upon my shoulder.

The shop owner looked shocked and said, "She has never done that before. She has been one of my more difficult owls."

I smiled at Hedwig and said, "We're old souls, meant to be together." I then looked at the owner and said, "I'll take her, along with a cage, food and treats to last the year please."

The shop owner looked a bit confused, but smiled nonetheless and said, "Of course. That will be 100 galleons."

I paid the owner and whispered to Hedwig, gently caressing her face, "I missed you girl

I paid the owner and whispered to Hedwig, gently caressing her face, "I missed you girl."

It was like she knew and she nipped my finger gently and hooted softly. I felt complete now. I had my best friend back. Once we left, I went back to get my robes, and then headed toward the Leaky Cauldron. I went straight to Tom and said, "Excuse me, but are there any rooms available to rest until September 1st sir?"

Tom looked slightly surprised but gave me a gentle smile and said, "Aye. We do. Come along little miss."

And so, I stayed, until it was time to head to Hogwarts.