Chapter 19

Before he answered I said, "And before you lie, I will know."

Tom looked thoughtful and said, "If you hand me the stone, I will owe you a life debt Potter. If your payment is not to die, the I accept."

I narrowed my eyes, and said, "Swear on your magic, Tom. Swear that you won't kill me in this life or the next. Swear that I have immunity, and those I love will be safe."

Tom narrowed his eyes and said, "How did you know that name."

I shrugged, my eyes still hard, "I know many things, Tom."

He was silent for a few moments, but he finally nodded and said, "I, Tom Marvalo Riddle, Lord Voldemort, do so swear on my magic, that I will not kill Harriet Potter in this life or the next, and that those she loves are to be safe from me..."

I narrowed my eyes and said, "And your followers Tom."

He smirked, an almost proud glint in his eyes and said, "...and my followers. So I say, so mote it be."

I felt the Vow like a lead weight on my magic, but I smiled and held out the stone, "Here you go Tom. Contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Also, I would get purified, just to make sure you're free of anything that could damage you. And for fucks's sake, no more Horcruxes. Just have one and be done with it, it doesn't make you more immortal it just makes you more unstable."

With a nod and a wave from Quirrell, they were gone. I just sat down and waited for someone to show up. It happened to be Snape and Dumbledore.

Snape immediately came to me and said, "Are you all right Harriet?"

I nodded and said, "Yes. I don't remember much." He looked into my eyes, and I begged him to keep silent. He agreed with a slight smirk.

Dumbledore said, "Well Miss Potter, it seems that you had an adventure."

I scowled and said, "It was not an adventure. I was kidnapped, headmaster. It wasn't a vacation."

Dumbledore lost the twinkle and said, "No... I suppose not."

He was about to talk more but Snape interrupted him and said, "While I'm sure her tale is fascinating, we should get Poppy to look her over."

Dumbledore sighed and said, "Of course, you're right, dear boy."

And then Snape did something I never expected him to; he carried me. I was properly shocked! We got to the infirmary and Poppy immediately set to work. The only thing wrong with me was the bump on my head, which I told them was due to being knocked out and kidnapped.

I was finally done, and Dumbledore immediately started questioning, "What happened?"

I shrugged and said, "Well. I had gotten finished with my last test of the term, and when I went to go to the common room I was knocked out. I woke up in that room, and Quirrell wanted me to get a stone out of the mirror. I had no idea what he was talking about and couldn't do it. He then had Voldemort talk to me."

Snape winced at the name, and Dumbledore was almost eager now and said, "And what happened next Miss Potter?"

I didn't like the way he was looking at me, and leaned back and said coolly, "I don't really remember. I just remember waking up and you all were coming into the room."

You could see that answer didn't satisfy him. He was getting upset and said, "Miss Potter, there has to be something else, surely."

I gave him a flat look and said, "Look. I don't know what you want me to say. I don't remember."

Before he could say something else, Poppy came back and said, "All right, dearie, here is a potion for your headache. Then I want you to sleep and rest. You've had a trying day." She then gave a stern glare to Dumbledore and Snape and said, "Out you two."

Dumbledore tried to counter that and said, "Now Poppy, we need to know-"

She interrupted him with a stern look and said, "You can get your answers later after she has rested. Now out!"

The potion hit quick, because the next thing I knew I was staring at the ceiling. At least it wasn't my usual bed from my last life.

I looked around and saw that Cedric and Susan were beside me, sleeping on the bed. It must be late or early. I couldn't' tell.

I moved slightly and Cedric woke up with a start and looked at me. Then he crushed me in a hug and whispered, "Harri, you're okay."

I gently hugged him back. He smelled like fresh spring. It was nice.  I smiled and said, "Yes. I am." He let go, his face and neck completely red, and I snickered quietly and said, "What have you heard?"

He took my hand in his, as if it was the most natural thing in the world, and said, "We couldn't find you after the tests were over. Susan came to me, completely frantic and said you were missing. I... I panicked Harri. I couldn't lose you... I..."

He stopped talking, choking up as a tear fell down his cheek. I gently rubbed it off and said gently, "You never have to worry about losing me Ced. Promise."

He took a deep breath and continued, "After a while of all of us Puffs searching, we finally went to Professor Sprout. Who went to all the other teachers, who found out that Quirrell was missing, who all then went to the Headmaster. There was a schoolwide search, and when we couldn't find you, Dumbledore and Snape suddenly left. Then they showed up with you."

I looked down and said quietly, "I'll tell you and Susan everything, but can you wait?" His face looked upset and I rushed, "It's just... these walls have ears Cedric."

He nodded and I pushed him to lay down on me again and said, "Get some more sleep Ced."