Chapter 15

Things were relatively quiet until Christmas was soon upon them

Things were relatively quiet until Christmas was soon upon them. The common room was decorated with shiny baubles and smelt like fresh pine and mint.

It was the night before the train would come to pick everyone up when Susan said, "Harri, do you want to come home with me for Christmas break?"

I was surprised. I had never gone anywhere over Christmas, not even to the Weasleys. I slowly nodded my head and said, "I think... I think as long as I get permission from Professor Sprout..."

Susan beamed, and the next thing I was aware of was Susan dragging me towards said professor's office. With a couple knocks, the door opened, and Sprout said, "Hello ladies. How can I help you?"

Susan pushed me forward, and I said, "Well... I was wondering if I could have permission to go home with Susan over the holidays?"

Sprout looked surprised and said, "And you were not going home?"

I shook my head harshly and whispered, "Never."

Sprout looked conflicted for a moment before smiling, "Are you absolutely sure Potter dear?" At my nod, she smiled and said, "Well, I don't see why not." She then signed the form and I was ecstatic. 

I beamed at her and said, "Oh thank you professor!" I then turned to Susan who hugged me tight while laughing. We said our goodbyes and soon I was packing.

We were both so excited, we almost didn't get any sleep. The next morning, we both gathered our trunks and headed out toward the train. We got into a compartment and soon Cedric came in, smiling.

The train moved and we talked for a time about anything and everything. I finally said, "It's actually a good thing I'm going to your house. I am to meet your aunt sometime this break, and meeting at your house would be a good thing. Especially since you know."

Susan nodded and said, "I thought as much. Oh, I can't wait to introduce you to my parents! I've already owled about you so much!"

I laughed and said, "I hope they were good things!"

Susan looked scandalized and said, "Of course!"

We got to the platform and before Cedric left, I gave him a quick hug and said to his blushing face, "See you later Cedric." I then left with Susan before he could say anything back.

She laughed and said, "You're torturing the poor boy."

I shrugged with a sly smile and noticed that a pair of adults were watching us. The male, Susan's dad I was assuming, had her brown hair and serene smile. I looked at the woman and she was smiling wide and had Susan's beautiful doe eyes.

Susan ran towards them and they both crushed her in a hug. When they separated, she turned to me and said, "Mom, Dad, this is Harri!"

I smiled slightly and said, "Merry meet Mr. and Mrs. Bones."

They both smiled and her father said, "Merry meet Miss Potter. Are you both ready to head home?"

We both nodded and soon we were on our way. Her house was nice, not too big and not too small, and in a relatively decent neighborhood. It was decorated with Christmas things and the house smelled of pumpkin pie.

We put our things away and headed back towards the kitchen where her parents were and Mrs

We put our things away and headed back towards the kitchen where her parents were and Mrs. Bones said, "So, Harri dear, how do you like school?"

I smiled and said, "I love magic. It's nice."

Mrs. Bones laughed and said, "I felt the same. When I learned I was a witch, I was properly shocked!"

I was curious and said, "You are muggleborn?" At her nod I smiled and said, "My mum was too. I heard she was amazing."

Mrs. Bones smiled and said, "We were in different houses, but she was always nice to everyone. Very by the book though, I honestly don't know how she got together with your father."

Susan and I laughed, and I said, "He was just persistent."

Susan then piped up with, "Not Weasley persistent, right?"

I shuddered, "No. I was told that he asked her out every year, and it was always got more and elaborate each year. But he was never... harsh with her."

Mr. Bones looked concerned, "What's this about a Weasley?"

Susan launched into what had happened so far this year. I could see her parents giving each other looks and Mr. Bones said, "You should talk to Amelia about this when you have your talk."

I smiled and said, "I planned on it. I...I asked Susan to be there. She knows everything, did... did you both want to be there too?"

Mrs. Bones shook her head and said, "No dear. We'll be in the house if you need us, but this is your time with Amelia." I just nodded and we then ate lunch.

Soon, several days later, it was Christmas. I awoke to Susan shoving me awake and yelling, "Come on Harri! It's Christmas! Wake up!"

I groaned, but smiled and said, "Okay, I'm up. I'm up!"

We went downstairs and there were presents everywhere. I was amazed. I had never seen this many in one place before.

All of us sat in a circle and Mrs. Bones started handing out the presents. I was surprised when I got one, and said, "These are for me?"

Susan looked confused and said, "Of course Harri."

I smiled wryly and said, "I've never really gotten presents before."

All the Bones looked shocked and Mrs. Bones then stated in false cheer, "Well, you get some this year! You have more from others too! See?"

Once everyone had their presents put in front of them, we all tore through everything with glee. I got Susan a book on feminine beauty charms and some candy. I got Mr. and Mrs. Bones thank you cards and some pictures I found if my vault of The Order of the Phoenix, with Edgar and his wife in them. Mr. Bones almost cried when he thanked me.

Susan got me some candy and books on obscure potions, and Mr. and Mrs. Bones gave me a portkey to their house.

I was shocked, and Mr. Bones said, "Susan has one as well. If you are ever in trouble, you can always come here. Just say the word domum."

I thought home. He said home.