Chapter 14

So, I wanted to let everyone know that in my Harryverse, I am making Susan's parents alive, along with Amelia Bones while her other aunt and uncle (Edgar) are deceased. It just works better for my story plot, and keeps Amelia in there without too much extra. Plus, Susan's parents can be there for Harri as well. Hopefully, this makes everyone not too upset, but, oh well!

It was several days later when things came to a head. Susan and I were heading to dinner when Ron cornered us.

"Potter!"

I just sighed and whispered to Susan, "Ignore him. Maybe he will go away."

We continued for a few beats before he grabbed my arm in a bruising grip, "I was talking to you Potter. Come sit with me and my friends at the Gryffindor table."

I tried to shake him off, but he held tight. I just said simply, "No."

Susan got angry and said, "Why don't you leave us alone Weasley?"

Ron sneered at her and said, "It's not you I'm wanting, is it Bones?"

She looked even more angry, but I just shook my head. She huffed and kept quiet. I turned back towards Weasley and said in a loud voice, noticing the crowd, "I don't want to sit with you. You're a mean, bullying stalker that won't take no for an answer. I don't know you, or your family. The only Weasleys I like are the twins. Please let me go."

Ron got even more angry and his face was now red with rage, "You're being a bitch, Potter." I heard several gasps, but he kept going, "If you just do as I say then there won't be any more problems."

I was just about to retort when I heard Snape drawl, "What is going on here?"

Ron, not letting me go, looked behind him to see Snape towering over him. He gulped, and when Snape noticed Ron's grip on me, narrowed his eyes, "Weasley. It seems that you are overstepping your bounds. The lady has said no, repeatedly I might add, and you dare to lay a finger on her?"

Ron's grip immediately loosened, and Snape looked at me, "Potter, meet me in my office in 15 minutes. I'm taking Weasley to the Headmaster. This has gone on long enough."

I breathed a sigh of relief. I was glad that Snape seemed to like me this time around. Talking about my mother was good, for the both of us.

Susan looked at me when they left and said worriedly, "Are you okay Harri?"

I sighed and said, "Well. My arm hurts. But I'm sure Snape will help with a potion."

Susan nodded and walked me to the class then left to dinner. I sat and waited for him, doing some homework while I waited. It was several minutes longer than Snape first told me before he came into the classroom, fuming.

I looked at him and I said, "Are you alright professor?"

He huffed and said, "That Weasley brat got detention, but that's it. The Headmaster is keeping him in this school."

I nodded and said, "From the stories of my father and his gang, it seems to be a rather repeated theme."

Snape sighed and said, "Let me see your arm Harriet."

I dutifully took off my robe and held my arm out. There was a very dark bruise in the shape of Ron's hand there, and I could see him getting angry again, "This is unacceptable." He then put on a paste and made me drink a potion. After a couple minutes, the bruise was lighter, but still there.

I put my robes back on and smiled, "Thank you, Sir."

Snape looked a cross between angry and uncomfortable, "This should not have happened."

I shrugged, and said, "A lot of things should not have happened, and yet they did."

Snape just nodded. I got all my stuff together and then said, "Thanks again."

He just nodded, and I then went to the kitchens, getting something to eat from the elves real quick, then went to the common room. When I walked in, several Puffs came up and asked if I was all right. I nodded and saw Diggory and Susan in 'our' corner. I went over and sat down with a sigh.

Diggory looked at me with concern and said, "Are you all right Harri?"

I was surprised. This was the first time he had used my first name. I smiled and said, "Of course, Cedric." He blushed and I continued, "Snape put on a paste and gave me a potion. The bruising has faded now."

Susan said, "Can I see Harri? I just want to double check."

I chuckled and took off my robe and gave her my arm. She looked shocked and said, "This is after the paste and potions?"

I nodded and said, "It looks much better now right? It was purple before."

Cedric looked angry and said, "This is ridiculous. Did he at least get suspended? There have been so many incidents."

I shook my head and said, "No. Snape told me that all Weasley got was detention."

Susan was outraged and said, "How is this," holding up my arm, "okay in Dumbledore's eyes?"

Cedric then shook his head, "There has to be some correlation to Ron's harassment, the payments, and Dumbledore's stealing."

I almost smiled, but then said, "What if he paid Weasley to befriend me?" At their incredulous look I said, "No. Seriously. Think about it. Wait. Hang on." I then got out my papers from Gringotts showing my medical problems and the payments from my vaults (omitting my heritage part)and let them read the page containing the issues, and said, "Look at all the potions and compulsions I was on before the goblins fixed me?"

Cedric looked disgusted and said, "This... this is terrible."

Susan looked thoughtful and said, "Can I take a copy of this and give this to my aunt?"

In my head I was cheering, but outwardly I just said, "But... are you sure she can do something?"

Susan nodded and said, "She's the Head of Magical Law Enforcement Harri. She'll do something about this, make sure you're taken care of."

I then nodded and smiled at her and said, "If you're sure, Susan. I trust you."

Cedric then said, "My father isn't as high up as Bone's aunt, but I can always ask my parents to stand by you."

I looked at him with a beaming smile. I was actually really grateful. I said, "Thank you Cedric!"

He just blushed slightly and said, "N- no problem, Harri."