Chapter 4

Arriving at Number 4 Private Drive, I came to the conclusion that I would have to scare them into submission

Arriving at Number 4 Private Drive, I came to the conclusion that I would have to scare them into submission. I walked up to the door, popped out my wand, and tried the door. I was actually surprised. It was locked. I then quickly did a wordless alohomora and stepped through the threshold.

The first thing I heard was yelling, "Girl! Where in the bloody hell have you been!"

I looked over into the living room to see Vernon. The whale was standing, and his face was turning red in rage. I then looked over and saw Petunia looking both upset and frightened. Seeing Dudley's smirk set me off.

I shrugged and said, "Around. Don't worry about it."

Vernon spluttered, "A- around? That's it?" He started stomping over and I quickly pointed my wand at him. He stopped, momentarily shocked, then a smug smile was on his face, "What have we here? The freak knows, eh?"

I was just as calm and said, "The witch knows, yes."

Petunia looked upset and said, "How did you know? Is that where you've been gone all day? To that... that freak town?"

I smiled mockingly at her and said, "Oh yes. Did you know? I found out that someone has been stealing my money? It is interesting that some has gone to you lot and that I was none the wiser. You'll be getting a statement soon."

Vernon, his face purple now, screamed, "I'll not have any freakishness in my home!"

Before he could take another step forward is said calmly, "Petrificus totalus," and watched as he froze up. I then looked to Petunia and said, "You want to yell at me too?" At her frightened head shake I continued, my voice hard, "Let's be clear on one thing. I don't like you. You've treated me like shit. I've been beaten, starved, and belittled long enough. It stops today."

Petunia let out a small voice, "How can you do magic?"

I smirked, "You mean outside of school while I'm technically a minor? My, my Petunia, never thought you paid that much attention to Lilly." At her flinch, I turned back serious, "I bought a wand without a trace." I then looked back at Vernon, who looked shocked and scared and said, "So here's the deal. I know I'm getting my letter soon. Obviously. But what Dumbledore doesn't know won't hurt him."

Petunia looked upset and said, "What do you mean?"

I sighed, these people were idiots, "I mean, that I'll stay here for the duration until I receive my letter, then be out of your hair forever. I have something in the works to get me into a new home."

Petunia looked shocked and said, "But, but the blood wards!"

I snorted, "So? I don't give two shits what Dumble has told you. Those wards are to keep me here, in this shit hole, so he can have me under his thumb. To have the perfect sheep for his stupid, bloody, fucking war. It has no real importance other than that." I then got into Vernon's face and sneered, "If you come even a foot towards me I. Will. End. You."

I then released him from the spell, and he slumped onto the ground. I looked over at Dudley, Petunia, and Vernon and said, "You will not speak of this. Outside this house everything will stay the same. Understood?"

They all nodded, and I went over toward my cupboard, looked back and said, "Have a pleasant evening." I then stepped inside, locked it, and took out my trunk. I spent my first night in there and let me tell you. It was amazing. I had room to stretch. I ate food that I cooked and felt full. And I read about different magic then I knew about. I even slept in a real bed.

This time around, I wanted knowledge. It was kept from me before, and I let them walk all over me. Never again. I may not be Ravenclaw worthy, but I will know things this time.