Chapter 20

I woke up later and both Susan and Cedric were awake this time. Susan beamed at me and rushed into my arms. I smiled into her hair and she said, "I'm so glad you're okay Harri."

We parted and I said, "Me too. I'm sorry to have worried you all." I looked at Cedric and took his had in mine. He smiled and then I looked back at Susan, who was wearing a shit-eating grin and I said, "We can talk more on the train... or in the common room."

They both nodded and the Poppy bustled over and said, "Good morning Miss Potter! How are you feeling today?"

I smiled and said, "I'm feeling much better Madame Pomfrey."

She gave me a smile and said, "Good. You can go now and get yourself ready for the end of the year feast. Go on. Off you all go!"

We all left, and when we got to our common room, I put my hand up and said, "I'll talk, but first I want to shower and get on new clothes. Give me a few minutes?"

They nodded and I went quickly into my room and took a quick shower and put on some new clothes. I stepped out to see them both at our usual table. Along the way there I had several Puffs tell me how glad they were that I was okay. I smiled and thanked them.

I finally sat down and said, "This is a nightmare." They both chuckled and I turned around and cast, "Muffliato." Cedric and Susan looked at me with curiosity and I said, "This spell ensures that no one can hear us. All they'll hear is a soft buzzing."

They were suitably impressed, and Susan said, "Okay Harri, tell us what happened."

And so, I did. I told them everything. I was risking a lot, but I felt like I knew this would work out. It was silent for a while, and I knew that this news hit Susan more than Cedric; after all, Voldemort killed more of her family off.

Finally, Susan looked me in the eye and said, "You really believe that he was controlled like you?"

I nodded and said, "We're both so similar it's uncanny. We're both half-bloods. Orphans. Had terrible childhoods. Its just... too much of a coincidence. He seemed.... So normal. I had a complete conversation with him, Susan, and he listened to me."

Cedric looked worried and said, "Are you sure he wasn't just telling you what you wanted to hear Harri?"

I shook my head, "No. I... my magic. It tells me things. When I'm in trouble. When people lie to me. And he vowed, against his magic, and to keep my loved ones safe."

I looked at Susan and said, "I know he's done horrible things. Things that are irreversible to a lot of people. My parents are dead because of him, and so many others. But if he's a victim..." I shook my head and said softly, "It's not right."

Susan looked down and said, "I understand Harri. And if I were in your place, I would have done the same thing. I just worry that if people find out then they'll think you're going dark..."

I sighed, "And here's my stance on that. Tell me, do you guys know of the muggle weapons called guns?"

They both nodded, and I said, "Now tell me, is the gun evil?" At their confused faces I said, "I believe that it's the person who makes the choices, good or bad, who is the problem, not the gun. It's the same with magic. Magic isn't good or bad. Magic is magic. It's what people do with the magic, that makes it good or bad."

Their eyes suddenly held understanding and Susan said, "Wow... I never thought of it like that."

Cedric looked at me with so much emotion, and said, "You're amazing."

I blushed, and for once Cedric looked smug. I smiled and said, "I want to change things. I want us as a society to be better. I think, if we have a sane Voldemort, we can accomplish much. In his time he was charismatic. Smart. People listened to him... until he went insane."

Susan looked pensive and said, "Will you take his mark?"

I shook my head and shuddered, "Hell no." They both chuckled and I said, "I will never belong to anyone, except maybe my spouse someday."

I caught Cedric's blush again.

I was glad that I told them, and soon we, along with the rest of the Puffs, made our way to the Great Hall.

Dumbledore stood up and the student's quieted. He said, "Another year gone! And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into this delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully all your heads are all a little fuller than they were...you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before the next year starts...Now as I understand it, the House cup here needs awarding and the points stand thus: in fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points, in third, Ravenclaw with 352 points, Hufflepuff has 426, and Slytherin has 472."

The Slytherins cheered, and I gave Malfoy a thumbs up and he smiled back at me in genuine happiness.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin." Oh no, he wasn't, was he? "However, recent events have to be taken into account."

The Slytherins looked confused and upset, while the rest of the school just looked confused. I was livid. How dare he!

"Ahem, I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see... yes." He had his twinkle back and he looked at me and said, "To Miss Harri Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage I award Hufflepuff House 50 points." The hall changed from Slytherin green to Hufflepuff yellow.

That brought us up to above the Slytherins, and I could see the defeat they all had. I couldn't take it and I stood up and said strongly, "No."

Everyone was quiet. Even the Hufflepuffs didn't make any noise of protest.

Dumbledore looked confused and said, "No?"

I shook my head and said, "Sir, I didn't do anything except get kidnapped by a deranged professor. I don't deserve the points. The Slytherins worked hard all year for those. It's not fair that you're giving me so many points when I haven't deserved them."

The Great Hall was silent. Suddenly, Susan stood up and said, "I agree with Harri. The Slytherins worked hard! I should know, they studied with us!"

Then Cedric stood up and said, "I agree with Harri!"

The one by one, all the Hufflepuffs stood up and said, "I agree with Harri!"

The Slytherins looked a cross between grateful and shocked. I caught Severus's smile and it transformed his face. He looked softer. It was nice. I then looked to the Slytherins and I smiled at them, then looked back to the Headmaster, "Please, let them have the cup. We can always try harder next year to beat them."

I could see even the teachers were affected. McGonagall looked to have teary eyes, Flitwick looked proud, Severus was smiling! Sprout beamed. They all looked to Albus, and in the face of all of us, sighed and said, "Of course. Thank you, Miss Potter, for your courage to speak up."

I nodded and sat down, and so did the rest of my house table. It was silent, and then the Slytherins clapped, then the Hufflepuffs clapped, then the Ravenclaws did it too with shrugs and small smiles, and even most of Gryffindor got in on it, yelling and howling.

Dumbledore then changed the banners back to green, and the feast began. Everyone was smiling. 

Just letting everyone who has read this know, if you don't already, the next book is out! Thanks everyone!