Chapter 5

The next few weeks flew by, and I finally received my Hogwarts letter, sans ridiculousness this time around.

It read:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)

by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic

by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory

by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration

by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi

by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions

by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection

by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS

ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Yours sincerely,

Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus

It was official. I was now a Hogwarts's student. I quickly penned my reply and sent it off with the owl, then got ready to head out. I made my way over to Diagon Alley again, and of course, my first stop was to Gringotts.

I went to an open teller and said, "Good morning Master Goblin. May your gold overflow with your enemies' blood."

The goblin looked surprised and said, "Good morning Lady Peverell. May your enemies cower at your feet. What can we do for you?"

I was a bit surprised that this goblin knew who I was, but soldiered on, "I need to see my account manager please."

He nodded, and we went to the same room I was in before. I saw Sharpiron behind his desk and gave him a fierce grin, saying, "Hello Sharpiron. May the blood of your enemies make your gold grow ever larger."

Sharpiron gave me a toothy grin back and said, "Lady Peverell. May your enemies cower before your might. How can I be of service today?"

I sat down and said, "I came to ask about the progress with the ministry about Sirius's trial, as well as go over the accounts to see if I have received any money or heirlooms back yet."

Sharpiron nodded and said, "I sent a letter to Madame Bones. I assume she is looking into our concerns about Black's incarceration."

I hummed and said, "She's one of the few there who we can trust. She's fair."

Sharpiron nodded and said, "As for your accounts. I have taken it upon Gringotts to get your money back with interest through the accounts that have stolen from you. Dumbledore was not happy, but there was nothing he could do. The heirlooms he took have been restored into your vaults. As for the Weasleys, you may need to get a lawyer to sort that out, as they really have no assets. Your relatives whom you currently live with, I have taken shares of the company where a one Vernon Dursley works, and you now own more than 50%. The profits that he would have made will go straight into your account until the debt is paid off."

I nodded and said, "Make sure that they still have enough to live off of. I may be greedy and have a slightly skewed moral compass, but I don't want them on the streets. Makes me look bad."

The goblin chuckled and said, "Of course, Lady Peverell. Is there anything else?"

I nodded and said, "Where can I find a decent solicitor for the debt the Weasleys owe me?"

Sharpiron said, "We have some that work for us, but you may need someone in the Wizarding community. There is a Lucius Malfoy, who works at the ministry, whom I know is cutthroat."

I nodded and smirked, "It would just be the icing on the cake if I used a Malfoy. Bad blood that. But, unfortunately, I don't want to look like I'm going dark, no matter that magic is magic." I sighed and thought a moment, then said, "What about Andromeda Tonks? Is she not a solicitor? She was also a Black, her status in said family notwithstanding. I also heard that she's good."

The goblin nodded and said, "Would you have her, then?"

I nodded and said, "Yes. I believe that she would be a good fit. She may be in the grey faction, but she's a Black first. She'll help me."

Sharpiron smirked and said, "Of course, Lady Peverell. I shall send an owl on your behalf. Is there anything else?"

I shook my head and stood up, "No. Not today. I believe that I shall go and get my school supplies now. Thank you Sharpiron. May your gold ever flow."

Sharpiron gave a slight nod and said, "And may your enemies cower. Good day, Lady Peverell."