Chapter 16

I was going through my other presents when I came across some that had Weasley's name on it. I didn't touch it, and looked toward Mr. Bones and said, "Um, Sir. There is something here from the Weasleys."

Mr. Bones frowned and said, "Did you touch it?"

I shook my head and said, "No."

Mr. Bones nodded and said, "Good. Let us look this over. Harri, why don't you open the rest in the meantime?"

I just nodded. I opened Cedric's present and it was a very pretty bracelet. Susan wouldn't shut up about it, and for once it was me who blushed. I hoped that he liked his present. I had gotten him a new broom with a cleaning kit. I remembered him being seeker for Hufflepuff. I was worried about the present from the Weasleys, though. I could feel the compulsion charms on them (since I knew what to look for), and I was sure that Mr. and Mrs. Bone's could too. It was several minutes later, and they came back grim.

I sighed and said, "It was laced, wasn't it?"

Mrs. Bones looked conflicted but said, "Yes. We're going to keep it for when Amelia shows up. All right?"

I nodded, and the rest of the day went fine. It was about 2 days later when I finally met Amelia. Susan and I were in her room, practicing the beauty charms (with relative success) when Mrs. Bones knocked on the door.

She came in and said, "Dears, Amelia is here."

I was nervous. I never really met her in my previous life, not counting the trial for the dementors after my fourth year. I nodded and Susan and I went downstairs.

I remembered Amelia as being very stern, but when we came down, she was smiling. She gave Susan a hug and asked, "How was your Christmas Susan?"

Susan smiled and said, "It's been great! Harri got me a book on beauty charms and we've been practicing them!"

Amelia looked uncertain, and I said, "It's been wandless, Madam Bones. Don't worry."

Amelia looked shocked and said, "You can perform wandless magic?"

I nodded and said, "I have. Since I was fixed by the goblins everything is much easier."

I could see that Mr. and Mrs. Bones silently left and the rest of us sat down. Amelia said, "And you've used underage magic before?"

I nodded, and said, "I would have died otherwise."

She looked shocked, and Susan held my hand in a firm grip. Amelia said, "Can you give me some examples?"

I took a deep breath and said, "Ever since I was young, I was called freak or girl. In fact, I didn't know that wasn't my name until I was put into muggle school and they called me Harri." Amelia's eyes widened, and I continued, "From the time I was about three, I was made to do chores around the house, and by the time I reached ten, I cooked, cleaned, gardened, and shopped for them. If everything wasn't perfect, I would be beaten, or starved. My room was a cupboard under the stairs."

Susan was crying now, and I was holding back my own. It hurt. I never really talked in length like this to Susan, I just glossed over everything. Even in my last life, no one wanted to hear about my home life."

Amelia looked shaken and said, "And would you testify under veritaserum?"

I nodded and said, "I can even give you memories, if you need those."

Amelia nodded and said, "You have a solicitor you've employed, a one Mrs. Andromeda Tonks, is that correct?"

I nodded and said, "I gave her my memories through owl already, so I'm sure she can let you borrow them as well. She's working to try and get me emancipated, or... or if Uncle Siri gets a trial and proved not guilty, then be with him, since he's my godfather."

Amelia looked stern, but her eyes were soft, and she said, "You do know that he might be guilty, right Miss Potter?"

I nodded, and said, "Yes. But he deserves a trial all the same."

Amelia smiled at me and said, "I think so too. What was done to Lord Black was atrocious, even if we were still war ridden at that time. Especially since he was a Lord of an Ancient House. I have already set up an appointment to give him veritaserum to get the true story. If he passes, he'll be set free."

I smiled and said, "Thank you, Madam Bones."

She nodded and said, "Now, back to business. It was documented that one Albus Dumbledore instated himself as your magical guardian, correct?"

I nodded and said, "That's what it said on the paper," I handed her the paper, "But it also said it was done illegally. I'm not sure what that means."

Susan then piped up, "Aunti, Dumbledore always looks at Harri. All the time. He even tried to re-sort her. He didn't even punish Weasley when he gave Harri bruises, Snape did."

Amelia looked shocked and said, "Severus Snape?"

I nodded and said, "We like to talk about my mother."

Amelia nodded but looked pensive, "He does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with you."

I nodded and gave her more statements from Gringotts, "He's tried getting into my accounts multiple times, and the goblin that originally let him in before has been... taken care of."

Amelia looked even more grim, and said, "This is overwhelming evidence, Miss Potter. I shall be speaking with the school board about his unhealthy interest in you, and make sure he gets a letter stating under no circumstances is he allowed to be alone with you. I will be sending the Weasleys a letter as well, telling them to cease and desist their harassment."

I nodded and said, "Ronald Weasley sent me something, but I was told not to open it from Mr. and Mrs. Bones. They told me it was laced. With what, they wouldn't say."

Amelia looked to Susan and said, "Go and get your parent's dear, and tell them to bring the object."

Susan nodded and within minutes all the Bones were in the room, and Amelia looked to Mr. Bones and said, "What is it?"

He replied, "There were several things in the package. One being a sweater laced with compulsions, some sweets laced with potions, and a card that if she would have held it, put her under another compulsion."

Amelia looked at the floating package warily and said, "You do not know the compulsions or potions?"

Mrs. Bones shook her head and said, "We didn't want to do too much testing, in case something happened."

Amelia looked proud and said, "Well done." She then turned to me and said, "What made you not open it to begin with?"

I looked down and said, "My magic... I can always tell if something is good or bad for me. Ever since I had to go through the purification ceremony, I have felt different. I also learned that I was magic sensitive. I could tell it was bad."

Amelia sighed and said, "We will take care of this, Miss Potter. If Weasley tries to get to you again, let me know. Along with Dumbledore. Have your head of house there and call Tonks to come, every single time."

I nodded and said, "What if it's last minute?"

She said, "Then make sure an adult is there whom you can trust, and have word sent to your head of house and to both Tonks and myself."

With that, the meeting was concluded, and Susan and I went up to her room. It was quiet for a moment when she said, "I'm sorry you went through all that Harri."

I shrugged and said, "Well. I'm better now, right? No use dwelling on it. Thank you, Susan, for being such a good friend."

She hugged me, and the rest of the holiday passed with happiness and fun.