Bleeding Irises

The sounds of the machines had already notified Ryōshi that he was in a hospital before he had opened his eyes. "Sigh, how many more times will end up in here?" He started questioning himself in frustration out loud as believing he was alone. "How is it that I cant even take down a minor villain?"

"I can answer that second question easily. It's because you are weak and aren't willing to injure your enemy." In the corner of the hospital room sat a tall pale woman with sponges of red covering her hair and arms. Her store was a plain grey long sleeve gown. In her hand was a thick hard covered book with the title The Complete Cthulhu Mythos Tales by H.P. Lovercraft. She looked up from the book and neatly closed on her lap.

Ryōshi's looked up at the storage woman as her mere presence gave him a feeling of unrest. Kindly asking in a calm voice "Not to be rude but who are you?"

"So he barely told you anything about me my blood kin. Good." Leaning back into the leather chair she was in; she looked out the window with a look of excitement in on her face. "I go by many names Madam moon, Moon beast, Moon presence, Pale Blood, etc. Most importantly though what has Gerhman told?"

"Never ask a woman her height, weight, age, or size." Answered Ryōshi

Pinching the nose of her bridge, the woman sighed as she responded "I mean about the Old Blood?"

"That the old blood is the blood of the Old Ones and that it contained inhuman knowledge. Than there were people who were not prepared for the knowledge went mad and became monsters. An my blood is Old Blood" Ryōshi replied as it seemed the woman was starting to get mad.

"At least he told you the basics. But didn't tell you the important information." She said shaking her head. Looking into his blood color eyes, her expression change from irritation to surprise she made eye to eye contact. "How long have your eyes been red?"

Ryōshi just shrug his shoulder in response as he said "I don't know maybe a two months."

Both armrest were crushed instantly as he finished his words. The sharp sound of the metal being crushed as if it was paper shock Ryōshi. "It's been like that for two months and he didn't tell me. You need to brought to the dream now."

Ryōshi didn't understand why the woman was upset about his eyes. He never saw it to be a sign of concern. And if it was Gerhman would have told him.

"I don't understand the big deal. Nothing bad has came from my eyes the last couple of days." he spoke nonchalant about a problem that had the other person worked up about.

The women spoke in a dangerous tone as if something back could happen. "It's not your eyes that are the problem. They are only a symptom of problems that are to come if you don't get them under control."

Ryōshi asked in a sarcastic tone as he replied to the woman. "And what so called problems can occur if I don't get the problems under control? I get pink eye or the flu."

"No worse because you can't control yourself you can turn this city into a ghost town by killing everyone in it!" Madam Moon's voice was filled with urgency as placed her hand to the ground next his bed.

"By the will of the moon I summon the." The room lights flickered on and off with each word she spoke of the incarnation. "To give safe passage and shelter to the hunters."

There was a slight pause as the floor tiles her hand was above slowly spreads apart at the seams. A small lantern broke through the tiles reaching no more than Ryōshi's hip height. An similar to the last time the lantern was summon, the small lantern messengers gathered around it. 

"Why is it that when Gerhman did that his words were in the language of the old ones but you just spoke it normally?" Ryōshi asked

"It's because he didn't want anyone to know the incantation. I only said it normally because I trust you with it." Madam moon replied.

Looking into Ryōshi's eyes, Madam Moon gently grabbed his hand. "I was going to give you time before taking you with me. But because of the possible danger you now present to everyone I have to take you away now." her voice was filled with sorrow as she spoke to as if was a child.

Begrudgingly she reached towards the lantern.  It was noticeable that she didn't want to do yet. Obviously she wanted take him away for a while but just not yet. As cruel as a being she is, something was pulling at her heartstrings to make her feel bad.

Still the prevention of a situation like Yarhnam from happening again. Hovering hand over the lantern. The room filled up with grey mist he had no became accustom with. 

He felt no physical change around besides the fact that the cold tile his bare feet were under turned into damp grass. An just as the white mist built up to its densest, it dissipated.

With the wall of mist gone Ryōshi saw where they were teleported. In front of both of them was the mausoleum that Ryōshi had seen many times.

Leading him inside the building, the heavy wood made hinges squeak like last time. The whole thing felt like déjà vu as he re-enter the familiar building. The sensation of dread he felt at the bottom of his stomach didn't reassure him that everything was going to be fine. Rounding a corner, a warm orange glow of a lit fireplace radiated the room. It was the same room that he had met Gerhman in.  From the wall of weapons to the two chairs sitting by the fire.

"I need you to sit down." The voice of Madam Moon brought him back from his spaced out state.

Listened to her instructions, he went over and sat down in the the dark leather chair across from her. His already short statue was overwhelming towered over by hers making him feel like a toddler to an adult.

"Now I know Gerhman told you a little bit of the story about the Hunt and the blood of the Great Ones. Knowing him he hasn't told why it started and how the hunt ended." She leaned back and looked at the fire as she spoke her next words to him. "So let tell you the parts of the story he didn't tell you. The parts about the Paleblood, the intentions of the Great Ones, and how the hunt ended."