Second encounter

Ryōshi could hear the creatures body slowly land on the ground. The flowers flattening under its weight. Even with his head facing the ground away from the beats, he felt as if it was starting directly at him.

The sound of its heavy steps coming towards him filled him dread as he though he was going to die. Each of its hot breaths sent shivers down his back. Suddenly he felt something trail along his spine to the base of his neck. From his neck the thing moved again but this time to his ear.

"Open your eyes young one. You have nothing to fear" The voice of Madam Moon confused him as he didn't see her when he entered through the gate.

Even without knowing her location he still responded hoping that she could save him. "Madam Moon I would like to but right now I can't." He expressed in panic.

More of the monster's tentacle appendages started to wrap around Ryōshi's body. The feeling of them made him squirm "And why is it that you can't open your eyes?"

"Well there's a ugly monster on top of me." He said. The appendages instantly retreated from him as Madam Moons voice soon followed after his.

A small hmph came out before she spoke. "Now that was just plain rude. To call me a monster sure. Ugly on the other hand I am not." The tentacles gripped Ryōshi's limbs and flipped him over. The hot breath of the monster   went up his nose. In response to its putrid breath, Ryōshi's pushed his head closer to the wet mud only for the monster to get closer to him.

"If I was you I would say sorry to the monster for calling it ugly or else it might eat you." In a playful tone Madam Moon spoke.

"I'm sorry for calling you ugly. Now please let me go" He pleaded as his body struggling to free himself.

Heavy laughter could be heard from Madam Moon as Ryōshi screamed. The laughing got so bad that Ryōshi opened his eyes. The monster that had its face mere inches away from his no face, now was leaning its head back as if it was also laughing. "What's so funny?" Ryōshi asked.

The beast back off and retracted all the tentacles off of him. Backing up itself up the beast started to have thick white fog protrude from its body, blocking Ryōshi's sight. Disturbing sounds came from the fog as each one was more disturbing than the last.

As the heavy fog evaporated, the figure of Madam Moon walked through it. Surprised was the only look on Ryōshi's face as he now realized who the beast was. Heated his head back down into the cold mud as he the adrenaline in his system was now fading. A smile crept up on his face as she had already told him it was her but didn't listen.

"With that playful joke out of the way, we're going to start your training. And trust it won't be hard and difficult. Your life will be at stake when your trading and when your about to die I'll pull you back from the brink of death only for you to repeat that part of training until you get it right. An first thing we're going to train is your body and combat skills" Madam Moon spoke with a serious tone in her voice. Making it seem like she meant everything. An soon he will find out she meant every bit of it.