The Silent city pt1

Ryōshi was laying down in his tent feeling the bandage wrapped around his hand. His eyes couldn't adjust to dark abyss that was the dark. Earlier when he asked Maria if he could use a sedative so he could stop hearing the voices but all she said in return was that since he's heard the voices and not gone mad he doesn't need the sedatives anymore.

Like yeah he didn't need them anymore but she didn't tell him that it takes a lot of concentration to ignore them. The whispers they were saying he couldn't understand and slowly by ignoring them, the voices became a silent hush on his ears. Sweet relief was all he could feel when the silence fell upon his ears.

That was until the entrance of his tent slowly started to unzip. Thinking it was Mr.Aizawa checking to see if everyone was in there sleeping bag, he just waved it off as the zipper went up as soon as it came down. He breathed out as he was about to fall asleep. Suddenly a large amount of weight was pressed onto Ryōshi's back.

"It's been so long since I could talk to you." The person whispered into his ear. Their warm breath sent a red alert signal to all parts of his body. He tried to squirm from the person's grip on his body. "Stay still or I might have to burn you. also I still have to give you your gift." The whispering person he now identified as Mina. The sultriness in her throat had a dominant effect as she was saying she's in control. She brought her lips to the side of his neck "Now stay quiet as I give you our gift." Again the sultry tone in her voice was there.

A sharp pain erupted from his neck as he felt her teeth bite into his flesh. Not wanting to wake everyone he stayed quiet at the cost of his dignity. The pain then faded as Mina started to suck on the spot she had just bitten. It felt like minutes had passed till Mina stop, only to then switch to the other side an make the same mark.

A long string of saliva was created as Mina disconnected her lips from Ryōshi's neck leaving hickies. "That's my gift. I hope you enjoy them because your now mine." Her voice changed from a sultry one to one of control. Rolling off his back she grabbed and pulled him to her stomach to have them spooning on their sides.

As the night faded and the sun came up for the now scarred Ryōshi. Sitting up and putting on his Hunter's uniform, he tried his best to cover the hickies on his neck. The red lumps were easy to cover because of the coat that came with the uniform. Exiting the tent, he could her Mina mumble in her sleep. For some reason he forgives her for what happened last night, but he's not going to tell that. She will only get more promiscuous with him if he said that to her.

As the bright early sun blasted his eyes, he could see the outline of Gerhman in his old wooden wheelchair. He was standing beside a lantern with her hand out. Walking to her with curiosity in his steps. Knowing that the lantern transports people to different locations, he wanted to know if Gerhman had gone somewhere using the lantern.

Getting closer to the lantern, soft sounds of chimes could be heard the more he approached the lantern. "Good your up. That means we can leave early." Gerhman's voice broke him out of trance like state.  Looking back at Gerhman with a puzzled look he asked.

"What do you mean we can leave early?" Ryōshi's brain was still waking up, so it wasn't fully paying attention at was happening. That immediate question got him a slap in the face. Facing back at the old man, the look on old hunter's face was a serious one. One that could make any person think twice about asking a dumb question.

Gerhman narrowed his eyes and leaned forward slightly. "Listen." His voice had no positivity in it. "If you can already see I'm on edge before we leave. Remember we are heading into Yarhnam. The city is dangerous even for me. I need you to on your guard and stay in my sight at all times. Yes there is no hunters in the city since the ritual was complete but that doesn't mean there is any less monsters. If anything, they've most likely reproduce and made more monsters. So stay on toes." As Gerhman finished his words, he turned to face the lantern and put his hand over it.

Letting the white foggy mist of the lantern envelope them. Both felt the ground underneath them change from the soft lushes grass of the camp to a hard cobble. Then the mist that had encased them slowly evaporated. As is it disappeared, both people to a look at their surroundings.

As Gerhman looked for any familiar buildings, he found one he knew was a safe space. It was the Cathedral ward. The Victorian Gothic church was one of the center points of the city. Connecting each area to the other with a path that the church sat in.

Ryōshi on the other hand, observed that the once great buildings here are nothing more than a ghost town. Each tall buildings dilapidated color showed that the building hadn't been used in ages. As his eyes saw nothing his ears heard a lot. The voices were back and this time the words they were making were human. A majority of what the voices were saying was to fear the old ones or the blood is the cause of downfall.

Suddenly the voices shushed themselves in silence. The old cobble ground started to shake knocking the pebbles slightly in the air making a clap noise as they landed back on top of other pebbles. Looking up to see if a building was going to fall was a mistake Ryōshi didn't know he just made.

A giant grey monster he didn't noticed till now hung above him. It's body had three long hairy grotesque arms on each side. The on hands on them were disgusting, with long pointy fingers with one of them pointing at Ryōshi. It's head was in the shape of a giant bean but it was far from a bean. A thick dark spiderweb like cage seem to surround it's head. Though even with it surrounding it's head, there was many big holes through them. An in between those holes were hundreds of eyes ranging from big to small. Gerhman quickly rushed his chair to Ryōshi's side knowing that Maria told him that Ryōshi's doesn't know the language yet.

"Ah gn'th'bthnk kin ymg' mgepnog ng Y' ymg' mgr'luh mgeptharanak gerhman llll ymg'.  Ng h' seems cahf ymg' already ymg' mgepah nilgh'rinah ot deal mgng nafl fully.  Mg matter ahh hard ymg' l' ah'gotha ah'n'ghft fahff lover marks c' amygdala ahor f' mgr'luh vulgtmnah" it made them type of noises from voice he heard from yesterday but only this time he wasn't cowering with his hands on his ears