Stories of the past

Madam Moon just stood at the fire, letting its orange glow cover her. Taking a deep breath she started telling the story "Under Yarhnam there lays another city called Old Yarhnam. I know not original. But underneath that was the tomb of the Gods. " Was there really dead Gods in that tomb. No. What was in there was something we Old Ones left behind. Blood of the Old ones." Here voice had gotten darker as she spoke.

"Why exactly did the Old Ones leave their blood down there?" His question interrupting story caused a soft smile to appear as it made her happy that he wanted to know more.

"I was getting there young one. As I was saying we old ones had left our blood there. It was so I could have a child." She pauses so Ryōshi's mind could process the information he was just told. "I powerful as we are, we lack the ability to reproduce naturally. Instead we have to find someone with either high intelligence or the Old blood flowing in their body. Then we have to use the blood to get the woman pregnant. After waiting nine months a baby Great One is born."

"So that's how I was born? To me it just sounds like your artificiality inseminating a woman." Ryōshi's asked back

"Actually no that's not how you were conceived." A small snicker came out her at what she just said before picking up were she left off. "Your father wasn't born as a great one. Instead he became one by ingesting the umbilical cords of dead baby Great Ones. I know it sounds crazy but, they believed that by eating these it would grant them insight of not only the world but themselves. After he ate them and fought with me, the consciousness mind of his mind transferred from his original body to that of a baby Great One."

Standing up to grab the fire poker. She proceeded to prod the wooden log around. Letting the cinders breath again, the dying fire became its orange glow. Following the rebirth of the fire she went back into her chair.

"Now back to what I was saying. After your father became a Great One he too found himself wanting a child. But without the ability of normal reproduction, he hesitated for a long time and contemplated on weather he wanted another situation like Yarhnam to happen again. It wasn't till he looked at his old human body did he realize that his old body was altered by the umbilical cords. Using that logic he used his old body to have sex with a random woman."

"Ok I understand my birth now. But how does that correlate to my red eyes? Or how come my father haven't said high to me at least once?" The way he worded the questions caused Madam Moon to stand up and walk to exit of the room

But before she left and stopped at door saying with a teasing voice "I can't answer your second. But if you want the answer to your first one come outside to the field of flowers where the great tree is."