The training of the mind

He felt like shit, matter of he even looked like shit. Ryōshi couldn't get a wink of sleep with the nightmare he was having last night. It looked like no one got any sleep last night. The class door opened an the wooden wheelchair with Gehrman rolled in but class couldn't care to notice.

Gehrman looked at the class and with some words he got the class's attention. "All of you wake the fuck up. I don't care if didn't sleep." He turned to face the board or was about to if it wasn't for a voice of a student

"Hey old man we don't care! We all had similar nightmares last night. So we got little sleep. So thank you for caring." The students attitude caused him to be face first into his desk before the eye could blink. The room echoed as the head bounced off the wooden desk. Leaving a slight imprint on it "With an attitude like powder keg that you better be prepared to fight whenever." Gehrman's voice had scared everyone as he meant it.

His sight scoured over the room. His students had bags under there eyes. Though to this old man these were not signs of tiredness "Damn you all look like shit." He sat back down in his chair and asked the class one simple thing. "You say you had similar nightmares right? So please describe them?" Nightmares plenty he had seen, but they didn't hit him as hard because of his age but for kids this age to experience to one every so often is fine. But for the whole class to have them and say they were similar put his worry on blast.

A hand from Todoroki was raised "Well all of had the same except Ryōshi. But most of ours went like this. We were all standing in a rundown courtyard. The sky was a mix of red, black and grey. When a giant bipedal moose dog hybrid appeared. We all agreed that it looked grey with fur all over and it's chest cut opened showing rot and decay. It's body slim malnourished you could say, it's arms and feat were sharp claws. Then it's face wa-"

"Stop." Gehrman word rang through the room, putting his hand up he silenced the boy. The next sentences that came spooked the class with his ominous tone. "I know what your talking about. More specifically I know what beast your describing. Now I will tell you how I know about those later. For now Ryōshi what was your dream?"

Ryōshi's voice was deadpan but his tone was that was of fear. "I was standing on a giant hill of white flowers. On the top of the hill was a giant tree. But unlike the others my sky was grayish black and in the center was a crimson moon. Knowing what happened last time I looked at a red moon, quickly looked away and put my face in the ground. Even though I was looking away it seem as if the monster was staring at me. And after a while I felt a body on me an it seem to calm me down.  And when that happened I woke up. I know not as scary as the others. What was scary about it was what happens after I woke up." He had opened his eyes and to the shock of Gehrman both of them were a grayish red.

"Kids. I know what has caused them but I can't tell you for your physical and mental safety reasons. What I can tell you is how to not be afraid of them. But for that I'll have to partly explain what it means to be a hunter." Gehrman turned off the lights, the room now pitch black like the abyss. A yellow lantern appeared in Gehrman's hand to bring fandom light to the room. "Now children, you know that I call myself a hunter. The type of hunter I am I haven't told you. I am a hunter of Yarhnam. What I hunt is beast, not beast as in average dangerous animals. What I hunt is beast of corruption. These beast are people who's body, soul, and essence were corrupted by old blood. The same old blood that Ryoshi mentioned at the end of his match. They would be turned into horrific monsters things that make the monster in the closet check it before he went in."

The dim lantern's warm light disappeared and then the rooms lights came back on "The hunt stopped a long time ago so you don't have to worry about those beast." Students were stunned from the bright lights.

When there eyes dilated back to normal, a soft voice spoke up. "Uhm Mr.Gehrman *ribbit* can you show us a picture of Yarhnam *ribbit*?" This had caused a soft laugh to come from the hunter

Gehrman put a hand on his chin and thought for a second then looked at the class "I can't take you to Yarhnam itself for your." The class had a sad look on their face because they wanted to see if he speaking the truth. "But safety but I can take the class to safe area of where I'm from. Ryōshi has already been there
but not while he was conscious. But we're not going there exactly. I don't want you kids touching my stuff" The class had faces towards Ryōshi wanting to know how he's already been there.

"Alright everyone don't be scared for I'm about to do." Gerhman it his hand out and whispered incomprehensible words. The room's lights started to flicker, then a small silver lantern with bells on topslowly pushed its self out of the ground cracking it in the process. The lantern a soft white and soft purple glow. Small little skeletons appeared around the lantern with hands folded looking at it. To the class it seemed as they were praying. Removing his hand from the spot Gerhman explained to the class what they were

"Class these are called messengers. And this lantern allows us hunters to travel from one lantern to another. Now I need everyone to hold hands. This will make its so we can all travel at once. Whatever you do don't let go. Even if you can't see. As long as we stay connected we will be fine." Gerhman put out one of his hands. Ryōshi was the first to link hands the. Mina and slowly the rest of the class linked hand.

Gerhman looked at the lantern and put his gloves hand over it like when he summoned it a moment ago then softly said the phrase "Hunters Dream." Thick white mist started to surround the each student slowly until it encapsulates the group. "Don't let go I know you can't see and that scares you but you will be okay. You will feel like your floating that means we're becoming one with the mist and then it will transport us." just like he said the group became part of the mist then poof they were gone. The only thing left was the lantern they used to teleport.

The mist around the class dispersed around them, letting them know they could let go by the mist staring it fall to there feet they were amazed where they now in a different place. After the initial shock, all the students faces except Ryōshi's had changed into a depressing look. A student had started to ask what the group was thinking. "Uhm sir, if this the place you live. Why did choose such a spooky place?" A girl with rosy cheeks

"Well air head I'll answer your question. This spooky place to you is very calming and relaxing to us old people. It can get lonely " His face shaped itself to a relaxed smile like he was reliving pleasant memories. "Now if you all look around you will see we're the hill that Ryoshi describes minus he forgot to mention the tombstones." He then pointed his finger up the hill "that was tree you described right. That tree is called the Great Tree." He lowered his finger along with his warm look had become a look of dredge. "I've done terrible things at that spot. Things that can't be forgiven. Things that make you think I'm a monster." His depressing look quickly changed.

"But those days are over. But you may never know when the past comes back. If my past ever comes back and you see what happens don't change your opinion of me. Now let's stop talking about the depressing topic and let's go to a more interesting place." He started to roll the wheels on his wooden chair with the sound of the class's feet behind him

Gerhman lead them onto a cobble path with tree and greenery on both sides of it. Gehrman stopped the class suddenly. Both his eyes and the class's bulged out of their sockets as a women appeared ahead of them. The women had porcelain like skin and long white hair. Her clothes were blacks and brown black dress in Victorian style like Gehrman's clothes. To most of the class they would describe her as a doll.

"Wow you left me in dream and didn't take me with you. If it weren't for the people behind you, I would slap the hell out of you." The voice of the woman caused Gerhman to stiffen. To the class it made seem like she was a parent yelling at the other one. Her eyes glossed over the class until they stopped. Their eyes widened and she quickly looked at Gerhman and whispered to him angrily"Gherman why didn't you tell me that you were bringing the blood kin with you."

"Students I thinks it's time to leave before someone dies. Preferably not me." Before he could even call a lantern his wrist was grabbed with the strength of a pissed off women. "Ow! Let go their class is almost over."

"shut the hell up and stop faking it. Now since your leaving, you are taking me with you and explaining how you are the teacher of the blood kin." Her voice now demand authority and Gehrman followed the order.

"Yep I will. Now could you let go of my hand so I could summon the lantern." Even though she said he was faking it, Gerhman's voice said otherwise.