Walking the nightmare

As the heavy fog that covered them slowly disappeared. The group found themselves in a crypt full of urns and vases of various sizes. Continuing to look around they saw they're were standing on a stone floor with a repeating  patter in the center.

"What part of Yarhnam are we in Gerhman?" Ryōshi asked. Having spent very little amount of time in Yarhnam, he would like to familiarize himself with it as soon as possible.

Gerhman shook his head at the bloodkin's question. "We're not in Yarhnam. Where we are is much worse. The things that lurk here makes Yarhnam look habitable. Now let's get moving you don't want to see what comes out at night. I'll answer your questions as we walk." Gerhman stated in a worried tone.

Nezu still wasn't satisfied with the answer so as they started to walk down a small set of stairs, he questioned Gerhman about his response. "What makes this place uninhabitable? Please elaborate."

"I'll tell you once we're outside." He mumbled as they walked through a set of thick metal doors. Taking a right passed the doors, the group was met with bright lights at the end of the hallway.

Waiting for them outside the doors was not a pleasant sight. Dead bodies laid on the dirt  ground that has became dyed red from the blood leaking out of the bodies. Next to the bodies was a set of sword that led to a river of blood

"This is just a glimpse of what makes this place uninhabitable." Gerhman said in a low voice. "This place is called the Hunter's Nightmare and it didn't earn that monicker for no reason. This place is was created by the great one named Kos whose corpse was defiled by Laurence. This place is made so hunters get consumed by the blood and become beast. Only the first few generations hunters got here. Even though the land is habitable, the denizens make it impossible. In every corner of this place is a dangerous enemy whether that be human or beast. They'll tear you apart with no mercy making it as painful as possible. It's place that even your heroes would struggle in as to survive here you must kill." Emphasizing the last word he spoke.

Continuing down a set of mud covered stairs, the old old hunter didn't care for the two others hesitation as he walked through the shallow blood river.

Ryōshi looked in disgust as followed Gerhman through the ankle height creek while carrying Principal Nezu on his back. In the sanguine color around him were large grey monsters the size of a truck. The head was the only human feature as it had long locks of matted hair that covered the face. It's body on the other hand was that of a insect. The sack underneath the thorax was covered in blood but it's limbs we long and covered in spiked hair. The only interesting part about it was the shoulders and hips as they looked human.

"Gerhman were those beast once human?" He asked.

"Yes they were but they're dead now. An if don't want to end up like them stay silent." He said in a stern voice.

As they kept filling him, they noticed that Gerhman was on edge from how tight he held his scythe. Leading them through a winding path full of tombstones and blood he stopped them on top of small hill. Ahead of them was a rocky entrance where the other Old hunters stood.

Gerhman broke down his scythe into two pieces and placed the staff on his back. That still didn't mean he relaxed as his hand was just as tight on the blade's handle. "Thank you for clearing out a path." He said as he gave them the hunters greeting.

The others bowed in return to him. "Didn't want the bloodkin to see what happens when we truly show how vicious hunters can be when it's just us and the beast. Though I didn't think you would bring company." Eileen said to him.

"That's because I brought myself." Nezu said as hopped off Ryōshi's back. "I wanted to see your reasoning why you didn't teach our students combat. Now I know why."

"What's do you think our reasoning is?" Simon smirked as he asked the question.

Nezu looked the man in the eyes he let the words fly out of his mouth. "It's because all you guys have ever know was killed or be killed in combat. Never once taught how to detain only neutralize a target. And in the modern age where we try to save both civilian and villain lives is the complete opposite of what you've learned. An the brutal methods that you employ are immoral even for your time. For you to teach children would not only effect them physically but destroy them mental. You few are the only hunters left because you've some how kept your sanity. Am I right?"

"Your spot on." Simon answered

"Now I just have one question. Why do you all tense up at the mention of The Accursed's name?" He asked.

"That's his titles. His name is Ludwig. There is no hunter who doesn't respect him as he founded the healing church on good intentions and will but the futures leaders did not do the same" Durja said in a soft spoken manner "But  for Ludwig he was a man who truly wanted to stop the scourge. He wielded the Holy Moonlight Sword which earned him the name Ludwig The Holy Blade. That was until he too became consumed by the blood and became a beast. After he was decapitated by The Good Hunter, Ludwig became nothing more than a talking head. So we don't have to worry about danger. And if we're done talking let's head in side."

As they enter the large empty room that seemed to be somewhat religious, a lone object attracted the attention of the group. A monstrous head laying on the stairs with its eyes closed but nostrils flaring as if it was breathing.