Chapter 9

July 15 1960

When Jack returned home from the national convention, officially the democratic nominee for President, all he wanted to do was sneak off with Jackie. But instead he was stuck greeting volunteers at a dinner in his honor.

"Is Jackie not coming?" He leaned over to ask his sister Eunice.

Eunice raised an eyebrow and shook her head. "Bobby wanted this to be a private celebration."

He nodded but inwardly groaned. "I see."

He continued milling about the room aimlessly greeting volunteers.

Peter came up next to him a few minutes later. "Holy crap."

"What?"

Peter nodded at the door. "I knew she was beautiful...but wow."

Jack frowned and looked up. Jackie stood in the doorway. A light blue floor length dress made her even more beautiful then he would have thought. She saw him and both of their eyes lit up as they looked at each other.

"Oh my god." Peter murmured as Jackie came over to them.

"What?" Jack asked slightly annoyed that Peter was still there. "Good evening, Ms. Onassis."

She nodded but stopped as Peter spoke. "You two are sleeping together!"

"Peter!" Jack hissed, looking around to see if anyone had heard.

"I won't tell!" He laughed. "You two are cute together."

Jackie blushed. "Thank you."

"Make him an honest man, will ya?"

"I'll try." She laughed as he walked away.

"You...look beautiful. And I'm sorry for Peter."

She smiled. "Don't apologize. And thank you, Mr. Democratic nominee for President."

He laughed. "Dance with me."