Chapter 23

November 1968

Jack could hardly believe that it had been eight years already. It had passed in a blink of an eye and here he found himself standing on the balcony of the White House waiting to hear if the place would continue to be a Kennedy home, just to Robert Kennedy now. 

He turned and smiled as Jackie came out on the balcony, wrapping her arms around his waist and hugging him tightly in the cold November night. "Hi Bunny."

"Hi Kid." He kissed her head. 

She sighed. "John's finally asleep. And now it's just to get this one to calm down." She laughed, patting her growing stomach.

Jack smiled, looking back out at the sky, He thanked God everyday for the temptation that had been placed in front of him. Jacqueline had made his life perfect. She'd even saved his life when in November 1963 a sniper had tried to kill him and she'd pulled him down, leaving him with just a wound to the shoulder. The couple had managed to welcome their son John in August of 1963, healthy and happy. The now five year old was just like Jack. They'd be welcoming their third child in March and the couple couldn't have been happier. 

"Jack?" She whispered, causing him to snap out of his thoughts.

"Yeah?"

She motioned to the door where Bobby stood.

Jack smiled. "Well?"

"Do you want to be my attorney general?" Bobby grinned.

Jackie ran and hugged him as Jack chuckled. "I'm okay, thanks. But there's a younger Kennedy who might. Congratulations, Mr. President."

"Thanks, brother." Bobby smiled and looked over at Jackie. 'Thanks for putting up with us,Jacq."

She nodded, smiling. "I love you both."

"But always Jack more, right?"

She laughed and nodded. "Always Jack more."