Chapter 3

Niall POV

"I'm your father and you will do as I say, or you might as well say goodbye to your college tuition!"

"I don't need your fucking money!" I spat, ready to leave out the front door. My father's damn money was the last thing I was worried about, and it's not like I depend on it anyway.

Hell, maybe I do.

"Tell me how else do you plan on making money then? Don't tell me you will make it by selling drugs, because I will not have my own son being some street-rat drug dealer!"

It's a good thing I kept those needles hidden underneath the rubbish in my closet. Then again, I didn't enjoy taking them because it made me paranoid. I'd rather stick with plain cigarettes, or weed.

This was a normal thing- fighting with my father. He always felt obliged to shove his two cents down my throat, and assume stupid shit that would never happen to me. He always made me out to be some sort of criminal, and acted disappointed in me, which he was. Almost all my life he had set the standards so fucking low for me, and I purposely make no effort to reach above them although I know that I can. Now, he has been trying to "change" my attitude by making me attend ridiculous amounts of dinner parties, volunteering me at anywhere he could fit me in, and forcing me to be a waiter at a fancy ass restaurant that he happened to own.

"Fine, i'll go," I grumble, shoving my feet inside my vans. They probably stink from me not wearing socks, but I don't give a shit because I need to get away from this man right now.

"Good," My father snaps, straightening out his tie. "And behave, Niall. I don't need you looking like a complete fool in front of me. Take those dreadful earrings out before you arrive, too."

I don't say anything, and quickly make my way out the door so that I can 'pretend' to buy a new tuxedo, but honestly i'd much rather purchase a few bottles of booze instead.

Decisions, decisions.

-

Mona POV

"Mona, dear, stand up straight will you? Don't slouch your shoulders as much," My aunt makes an effort to straighten my back for me.

I do as she says, rolling my shoulders back as I scan my eyes over my reflection.

"Lavender really suits you."

"Thanks, aunt Macy," I smile, admiring the shimmering dress that reaches inches below my knees. It's beautiful for a hand-me-down, the colors just as vibrant as if it were newly purchased.

"Now Ramona, these people will more than likely introduce you to people of their family, so simply smile and introduce yourself as well," Aunt Macy tells me, tucking the tag from the dress into my back. "Your parents will be back in a few days, they said to tell you that they love and miss you."

"I love and miss them, too," I sigh, thinking of when I last saw them a few months ago. They had made a business trip back to Africa, and ended up staying a little longer than was planned.

"Is your friend ready?" Aunt Macy asks me.

"Um, well i've actually been ready for the past half hour," Harry's voice sounds from right outside the door.

"Not a creep at all," I laugh, rolling my eyes as I walk over to open the door for him.

Harry had asked what I was doing this weekend, and when I told him we were going to a dinner party that my aunt and uncle were invited to, he said he wanted to come. Harry claimed that it was better than sitting at home and eating a whole batch of bananas to himself, because at least he would have some company instead of consuming more than enough potassium from the yellow fruit. So of course, I let my dear, helpless friend come with.