Chapter 8

Mona POV

"That's absolutely strange," Harry commented, his mouth full of the banana that he'd been chewing.

"I know," my head gave a nod. "I felt like Niall was sort of nervous from me touching him."

Harry quickly shook his head, his curls flopping everywhere as he pointed a finger to something behind me. "Not that. Briana is wearing a cast today. That's absolutely strange."

My face twisted into confusion as I whipped my head around to see the brunette with a blue cast on her arm. Of course Harry wasn't paying attention to me.

"How is that strange?" I said, "Maybe she hurt herself yesterday."

"Well I doubt that," Harry took another large bite of the yellow fruit. "She looked very pumped on her Instagram post last night."

I scowled, "Harry! That doesn't matter. I'm trying to speak to you."

He nodded, "Right, I apologize. You can continue."

"Okay," I sighed, holding my head in my hands. "What was I saying?"

Harry shrugged and brushed a large hand through his curls. "Something about you touching Niall..." he paused as his green eyes widened. "Woah, was there something you didn't tell me?"

I rolled my eyes, "I didn't touch Niall in that way. I'd never do that to someone as genuine as Liam. I like him way too much to hurt him."

"How sweet."

"Anyway," I chuckled, "Niall burned himself, and I was helping him out. It was the nice and humane thing to do."

"You sure you didn't want to just feel him up?" Harry lifted a brow.

I groaned, "Jesus, what's wrong with you? Of course not!"

He held his hands up in defense while he leaned back on the bench, "Alright, alright."

Ignoring Harry's grin, I continued. "I just don't know why he seemed so nervous when I was helping him. Like he wasn't breathing at all, it was sort of scaring me."

Shrugging, Harry grabbed his milk and took a large gulp. "Maybe he likes you. I know i'd freeze up if Rihanna put her hands on me. Jesus Christ, I would freak out on the inside honestly. She's so good looking."

"Whatever you say, Harry," a laugh escaped my mouth as I stood up and moved to dump my remaining lunch into the garbage bin. Today was chicken fingers day, which never would have happened if I was in South Africa right now. I wondered what I would be doing if I were still there. Probably going for a swim in the watering hole with my girls.

Oh my god. My friends. I haven't spoken to them since I moved.

"You good?" Harry laughed as he passed me up and threw his banana peel and milk carton into the can as if he were a basketball star. However, he missed on the first try which caused him to simply drop them inside after realizing his failure. "Pretend you didn't see that."

"Nah," I chuckled, "I'm telling everyone I know, including all your crushes."

"You wouldn't dare, Mona," he squinted his eyes at me, pointing a finger.

I pushed his finger away, and laughed. "I was kidding. Besides, you're going the wrong way. You're class is that way, idiot," my finger pointed in the opposite direction.

Harry giggled, and spun around on his heel. "Oh yeah, I knew that!"

"Bye," I called as I walked away.